Menu
ibyousaf
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

contract termination

My contract finish on 2 but it won't until I ask them and give one month notice A rule made which I am sure 90% won't even know about  The company will assume that provide the service as it's required after the contracts over and you try to switch, it won't allow until month after meaning the company make another month money brilliant rule . Really where is consumer right in this .Did the company ask a month before that this is your last month either cancel your contract or get a new one it was  used to be good customer service in old days but there isn't any now.should be I asked before end date so should be fine. Don't pay your dues will take them few hours to discontinue service but in this case takes them month ...Fake Rules just to serve big n rich...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: contract termination

It's in the terms and conditions of service and the contract when you sign up to Virgin Media services that if you want to end your services, you have to give 30 days notice:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html

How do I end my agreement? See Section N

- You can cancel this agreement at any time by giving 30 days’ notice.

- If you cancel this agreement before the minimum period has finished (and not during the cooling off period) you may have to pay an early disconnection fee. We will tell you how much this will be before you cancel. You can find out more details on the early disconnection fee and process by visiting the Legal Stuff section here early disconnection fees.

Section N:
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#...

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

- dialling 0345 234 0751 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

- writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

2. If you end this agreement in accordance with paragraph N.1, you must pay any outstanding charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to the end of your 30-day notice period.

3. If you ask us to end supply of services during the relevant minimum period (except when you cancel during the cooling off period as described in Section M above, or under paragraph N.6 below) you will have to pay an early disconnection fee as set out in paragraph N.5 by way of compensation to us for ending the services early.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
ibyousaf
Joining in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Payment

Don't pay your dues service disconnected after a due date as soon as the clock stuck midnight until you pay ...you pay after seven days you pay for whole month even for those days you have no service Why if you are charging me for those days you should be giving me those days back by giving free seven days.. but No, rule is it's your fault you didn't pay ...rich being rich make the rules to serve them accordingly. Internet Speed slow Sorry I ll check and it's line fault will be fixed soon Sir mostly likely answer no compensation but you tell them sorry I can't afford cancel or anything it's ok just pay early termination fee ..Well seriously It's all messed up here

0 Kudos
ibyousaf
Joining in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Oh really I have hired a lawyer to read through all the contracts I do ..Gas Electricity Water etc to keep reminding me rule every month so I won't fallout of anything.. section A1 should be followed if not should follow b5 accordingly as stated really ..I already said it It's consumers fault Companies have no laibily either Remind you of your contract ending date or anything yes they can assume by law that I need that service .Contract end date is 7 so that it contract over service is disconnected ..But now it doesn't benefit you Asummtation is good as you can drain consumer pockets.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

'Oh really I have hired a lawyer'

of course you have.........liberty global's lawyers would eat your 'lawyer' for breakfast.

i used to write contracts/decipher government legislation. you can be 100% assured you have no case. any money you pay to a lawyer will be wasted.

virgin's contracts are air tight and you agreed to it all when signing up. you not reading it all or at all would not be recognised under uk law as being a valid argument. ignorance can not be used by way of defence or prosecution.

do read the terms of whoever you are going with after leaving virgin, ie sky/bt etc. they also have a 30 day notice 'clause' in their terms of the legally binding contract agreed to.
0 Kudos
ibyousaf
Joining in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Amazed how you put in words. Ignorance wow glad you use that word . 

I would rather have someone eating my money caz I allow him too caz I used his service but not because  he tell me after 365 days Sir you can't do that as on page 2 section 8 it says by law. Amazing customer service provided . Sir I will send you email only if you don't pay ,I will discontinue the service immediately or I want to sell something . I won't send an email if because the service we provided is distributed or contract is over or speed is slow for all these I can only apologise to you Sir. Wow good old ignorance wow

,'sky bt etc rules are same ' like a drunk driver justifying upon caught that my dad also do that he's never get caught means it noting wrong with this.

Ok can you also justifying me sending you equipment back  ..from my time, why should I waste going to post office or anywhere for you .. Mr know everything

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Agent Provocateur
0 Kudos
ibyousaf
Joining in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Are you trying to call me that or what?

'Agent Provocateur'

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@ibyousaf wrote:

Amazed how you put in words. Ignorance wow glad you use that word . 

I would rather have someone eating my money caz I allow him too caz I used his service but not because  he tell me after 365 days Sir you can't do that as on page 2 section 8 it says by law. Amazing customer service provided . Sir I will send you email only if you don't pay ,I will discontinue the service immediately or I want to sell something . I won't send an email if because the service we provided is distributed or contract is over or speed is slow for all these I can only apologise to you Sir. Wow good old ignorance wow

,'sky bt etc rules are same ' like a drunk driver justifying upon caught that my dad also do that he's never get caught means it noting wrong with this.

Ok can you also justifying me sending you equipment back  ..from my time, why should I waste going to post office or anywhere for you .. Mr know everything

Not sure if you are aware the people on here trying to help you are not employed by Virgin Media most of them do this as a way of helping other VM customers out my self included.But as you were informed in the first reply 30 days notice is now the industry standard for cancelling either one part of your package or the whole thing. I am removing Tv service from mine and I had to give 30 days notice so what makes you different from me. ?

While you are entitled to take up the services of a lawyer surely all you are doing is giving yourself added expense ? If you want to terminate your account simply give them the 30 days notice and walk away but remember if you are moving to Sky or BT the same rule is written into there contracts. 

ibyousaf
Joining in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Why don't you say  that ye I  think the company should provide a service of informing customer before hand by sending an email. Will be a great customer service. But it's not about me inferior or you superior or whatever. 

My question is if I can get promotion emails without asking why can't I receive an email about the contract ending date or something..

N don't try to smart you are rude ."Cold ? You bits of kids don’t know the meaning of the word."

I didn't ask you come n help here .

Help !! It's more like defending Dont bother answer. Sir thanks for your time

It's my fault so I pay for it .

0 Kudos