Menu
Highlighted
angel74_uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

complaint procedure

Hi guys,

Just bringing to everyone's attention: I requested to put in a complaint. (reason for complaint: spend hours on the phone, giving wrong info, transfered to wrong dept and cut off during call and fault with line I wasn't informed about).

So I asked to make a complaint and was told the complaint would be logged, however, I would not find out the results of the complaint due to data protection -- so basically, in theory your complaint could potentionally lead to nothing or nothing could be done about it because apparently they can't tell you the outcome due to data protection? is that even legal? if so, what is the point of  having a complaint system in place?

Feel free to give me your thoughts?

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaint procedure

if you are wanting to know exactly why things went wrong (ie lots of staff off stick/poor training/rogue member of staff/poor system implementation etc) then no, they will not tell you that. it would be classed as business sensitive and falls under the dp act.

they should at least 'thank you for bringing the matter to our attention. we strive to provide a good service, it is disappointing when we do not do so etc......'

more info may be given if it went to the ombudsman in their determination. even then you are unlikely to get the full picture of why things went wrong on this occasion.

the complaints procedure can work and you may be given the whole story if your complaint was about something else.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaint procedure

Hi angel74_uk

I can appreciate you have had a bad experience and I am sorry, when anyone raises a complaint we take them very seriously and they are always investigated. As I am sure you can understand we would never divulge the finer details of this due to data protection. I can assure you, your complaint will be taken seriously.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos