cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

community

bulldog
Dialled in

what's on earth has happen to these forums at one time it looked ok but now posts are randomly being posted and hardly any response from anyone or from virgin it seems dead

15 REPLIES 15

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Yeah I agree. It has clearly slowed right down on here. I think the redesign didn't help. Also some of the senior users moved on to better managed ISPs. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

I think the redesign did what they wanted.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

I think VM should end support for router mode then there be less problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------

That would leave the 5x users in a pickle... 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

@legacy1 wrote:

I think VM should end support for router mode then there be less problems.

Indeed there would as VM would be out of business within, oh six months!

Look, I do know you hanker for the old days of a raw modem into which you connect your own PC, but this is no longer 1997, where WiFi was a vague concept only applicable to large business and home users had a single desktop PC shared by the whole family. Just supplying a modem worked just fine, single device, direct internet connection, what could go wrong?

Nowadays, the average user expects to get a connection from their provider of choice, plug in a box supplied by them and be able to connect their many phones, tablets, laptops etc. Not to be told, ‘well we only provide an internet connection, all the complicated stuff plus purchasing extra equipment and configuring it is up to you’.

So tell me, if you think it is such a good idea, why do not BT, or TalkTalk, or O2, or Zen or……. do this?

Yes the redesign did take a degree of getting used to, I don’t mind it but I do think it is slightly harder to find relevant help and quick answers to customers issues than the old layout provided.Yes, you are right, a large number of the old guard posters on here, who actually grew up with the technology and understood it have either gotten bored of repeating the same advice time after time, realised that they are being used as an unpaid support provision and simply moved on; or have been actively driven out and banned.

In days gone by, the forum team here were comprised of people who did understand how it all works, could give meaningful advice and knew how to escalate issue to the right people. No disrespect to the current staff, they are doing exactly what they have been employed to do, but they are absolutely not technical. They are under the marketing and ‘social media’ umbrella now, where making a quota of replies is far more important than the quality or usefulness of said posts.

A case in point, how often do we see a post from a forum team member along the lines of ‘blah, blah welcome to the community, sorry to see you have had an issue with xyz, I see you have been in contact with the team, what did they advise’? Now firstly, in what way is this helpful at all? It isn’t, is it? But it bumps their post count up which presumably is what their continuing employment depends on. Secondly, if they can see that the customer has been in contact with ‘the team’, then why don’t they know what was discussed, are no notes taken and appended to the customer’s file? If so do the forum team not have access to this, either way seems a strange way to run a customer relationship management system - assuming that VM do actually have one. And lastly how insulting is it for a customer with a problem to be asked by the company concerned to ask them what is happening?

The issue with the forum is part of a greater malaise with VM’s customer service provision. It does appear that the whole edifice has basically collapsed, getting any meaningful help from VM beyond the simple turn it off no on again, is becoming a bit of luck of the draw, happen to get through to one of the dwindling number of CS staff who care and or know what they are talking about, you’ll be fine, otherwise…..l

If you believe the people who post on here, it appears that VM’s customer service staff do, regularly, lie to customers, make stuff up, pretend, promise call-backs, guarantee escalation to xyz, who absolutely will call you back within 24/48 hours, 5/7/10 days! Lies, all of it!

Of course it is possible that every single poster on here who claims that this has happened to them, are actually lying themselves, because, well maybe they are all employed by rival providers just to throw shade on VM? Does sound a bit unlikely though.

If I were a cynical person, I’d think that VM’s owners are lining the company up for a sell off. The first thing is to reduce expenditure to improve the bottom line figures and make the company more attractive to a potential purchaser. Cutting expenditure on support, outsourcing the customer service provision to the lowest bidder, turning a bit of a blind eye to actually checking and making sure that claiming ‘of course, all of our outsourced call centre workers are fully and properly trained and not just plucked off the street and told to blindly follow the script in front of them’, is reality on not just a box-ticking exercise, does reduce expenditure, at least in the short term, but probably long enough for Liberty Global to dump VM off onto another owner, of course if LG and VM’s current bosses cop large bonuses for ‘doing such a good job’, then even better, no?

An excellent summary of the situation BrownSauce

We don't often get such well thought out and articulate analysis on here and it's a real treat to read when it happens. The closest I've seen recently is QuoteThisRaven's rallying cry on 31 October (swiftly deleted by the Mods).

I need to wean myself off this place. An interesting hobby but... 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

bulldog
Dialled in

wow never seen so much replies within 7 hours of posting on the subject unless i missed it some where, am an old school type of guy that don't like changes if it works don't change it.in the old days posts was being answered even by virgin staff yes it might take a day or two for them but now its dead have they sacked them or what

If I was a cynical person I'd suggest they are the same person...