cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling virgin - do I have to cancel the o2 sim separately?

GuitarJoe
On our wavelength

I've an o2 sim as part of my volt bundle thingy, when I cancel the Virgin package will they take care of the sim too?

I'm presuming that the 30 day cancellation period (price increase) covers any potential charges for the o2 sim as well? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You - and I - have a VM contract and an O2 contract obtained because of Volt. If you cancel VM you keep O2 and your increased mobile allowance. As it happens I received this text recently.

Hello. From April 2023 the monthly price of your calls, texts and data will rise by the 13.4% RPI rate of inflation plus 3.9% as set out in your terms. 

For example, if you pay £12 a month, this will increase to £14.07. To see your new bill, log into My O2 in April. 

We know this isn't welcome news, but it will help cover the rising cost to power our network. For more information, please visit: http://v.o2.co.uk/73m0X739

The URL is:

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices?cm_mmc=sms-_-08181-_-A002308012-_-RPIOptIonPricingPageSMS-_-DEV-_-06305#... 

I don't see an option to cancel but I intend to call and seek a move onto a lower tariff.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The O2 contract is separate and you are billed separately too.

--

But I only took the o2 sim as part of the bundle, so surely I should be able to cancel that contract as part of the bundle as a whole? 

I think the sim is 25 a month, which is actually a pretty high price. I want rid of it without having to pay a penalty. 

You - and I - have a VM contract and an O2 contract obtained because of Volt. If you cancel VM you keep O2 and your increased mobile allowance. As it happens I received this text recently.

Hello. From April 2023 the monthly price of your calls, texts and data will rise by the 13.4% RPI rate of inflation plus 3.9% as set out in your terms. 

For example, if you pay £12 a month, this will increase to £14.07. To see your new bill, log into My O2 in April. 

We know this isn't welcome news, but it will help cover the rising cost to power our network. For more information, please visit: http://v.o2.co.uk/73m0X739

The URL is:

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices?cm_mmc=sms-_-08181-_-A002308012-_-RPIOptIonPricingPageSMS-_-DEV-_-06305#... 

I don't see an option to cancel but I intend to call and seek a move onto a lower tariff.

--

Well that's just great. I had intended to get a VF sim to obtain a lower VF broadband price. 

Damn you, Virgin! 

unisoft
Well-informed

@GuitarJoe wrote:

I've an o2 sim as part of my volt bundle thingy, when I cancel the Virgin package will they take care of the sim too?

I'm presuming that the 30 day cancellation period (price increase) covers any potential charges for the o2 sim as well? 

The VM forum staff have said on here that if the SIM was taken at the same time as the VM VOLT labelled package (i.e. VM procedure had ordered it) then you can cancel because of the VM price rise as the SIM was taken as part of the package with VM the agent. If you got the SIM yourself from O2/other then you can't, likewise if you had changed the tariff via O2/Other from the original.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@unisoft wrote:

@GuitarJoe wrote:

The VM forum staff have said on here that if the SIM was taken at the same time as the VM VOLT labelled package (i.e. VM procedure had ordered it) then you can cancel because of the VM price rise as the SIM was taken as part of the package with VM the agent. If you got the SIM yourself from O2/other then you can't, likewise if you had changed the tariff via O2/Other from the original.

That may be but nobody told O2 it seems and they have no facility on their system to cancel penalty free.

Be prepared to battle

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cheesy1
On our wavelength

Just canceled my Volt package and been told i have to deal with O2 myself , which is very poor ! Will ring O2 tomorrow to see what crap they come out with . Will post how i get on but expecting an argument , but as per the Virgin email "If you're not happy with any of the changes announced in this email, including those to our out of home WiFi hotspots and pricing terms and conditions, you can change or cancel your package, including your Volt O₂ sim, any time before 4th April 2023, without paying any cancellation fees."