cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Company Customer Services EVER!!!!!

JohnMcSmith
Tuning in

Hello Everybody

So here I am finding myself in a position were my family have done nothing except complain at me for 2 weeks, "The broadband does not work"  "The signal is bad"  "We cannot watch Netflix" "My laptop cannot use the wifi" " Paw Patrol dont work waaaaah" moan moan moan whine whine whine.

So I called Virgin to speak to one of their lovely advisors. (Or so I thought thats what I was going to do)

Well after spending 2 glorius fun packed hours on the phone which is now the third of 3 seperate calls over the 2 weeks I have made to Virgin Customer Services. I feel they have a cheek to call it that by the way. I am no better off than when I started and my broadband still does not work like it should do.

So now I am left feeling angry and frustrated as well, and I am still being moaned at 😫

It is a very simple issue or so it should be. However the customer Services are so incompetant that after speaking to no less than six seperate people I am still nowere with it. I am sure that someone from Virgin will respond to this post saying how sorry they are and that it is not the service they strive for, and its partly Covids fault bla bla etc etc. WELL DONT BOTHER!!.

I did not realise this until I did some checking but now I know its not just me and it is in fact a substantial amount of your customers that feel this way. Quite frankly your company practices in regards to your after sales support and services are a disgrace. You should all be looking in a mirror and having a good long hard word with yourselves. After seeing just how many compliants that you have now, and how long a time period those complaints extend to (Way before Covid), it is clear you do not care about it at all.

I bet you would care if i missed paying one of the bills though right? I bet I would see a letter or two on the old doorstep then with big red stickers on. and if you think sorry makes it ok. IT DOES NOT. your customer service is SHOCKING!!.

As soon as I manage to get through to your alleged customer services, which will be tomorrow now as my poor ear holes have had enough of your hold music for today. I am going to cancel my account and go with Sky or BT.

I have been with Virgin for years but I have had enough. And nothing Virgin does suggests they care about long term customers anyway, in fact Virgin does not seem to have any customer loyalty at all.

And dont waste more time giving me the old Ts&Cs either. Ts&Cs are NOT an excuse for the disgrace you call customer services. you should be ashmed of how you conduct your interactions with your customers. I bet its not the same for shareholders though. I can see it now, "Hi Mr/Mrs Shareholder. "Have a cup of Earl Grey whilst we help you, it will only take one minute. Here put your feet up on our exclusive Virgin Broadband pofay and have a back rub"

Honestly why is your customer service so bad? (looking forward to reading the usual sorry BS)

And why are your staff not able to deal with would should be a very simple issue? Come tomorrow I will be leaving Virgin for good. I have no contract now so I will cancel my direct debit and I will see you in small claims court for the £48 per month I am being ripped off for a service I do not get. How Trading Standards have not come down on you is a mystery to me. because all I see is Trading Sub-standards

If you are genuinely striving for good customer service, I will give you a free hint. "That aint it"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi John,

This sounds like an absolute nightmare. It's easy to forget the pressures that families are under at the moment and not having a reliable internet connection can really compound the difficulties with work, downtime and even basics like ordering groceries. 

The customer service is non-existent. Everyone knows it's terrible. The recent OFCOM survey had Virgin Media bottom in a whole host of categories including wait times. Anecdotally by looking on social media and these forums you can sometimes get through if you call at exactly 8am or are prepared to hold for 90 minutes to 2 hours. The text message service rarely works and the forum wait time for a response is about 5-7 days.

Everyone knows it's terrible, even the people on here who will argue it's not (or as on one thread that it's a privilege to give Virgin money!). They've given too much time to this company for free to openly admit it so will give non-answers like all of the above. 

I know you said not to quote the terms and conditions but there are certain things in that that can help. 

Firstly there is a guarantee of speeds which basically means it needs to be less than 50% what they advertise for 3 consecutive days. They have 30 days to fix this or you have the right to leave you contract early. Obviously you need to be able to contact them to report this. 

Your best bet - and it might make you feel better - is to file a complaint. They have 8 weeks to respond to the complaint. You may think it does nothing but complaints and how they're dealt with form a major part of OFCOM annual reports and will affect what Virgin can say about their service in the future so it's definitely worth doing. If you're still unhappy with their response you can complain to an independent adjudicator. 

Hope that helps and I'm sorry you're having to deal with this stress.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

32 REPLIES 32

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Do you have a support question here or just venting?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

No I am just venting, for what good it will do. I have lost faith in Virgin rectifying my issue now.

Honestly I was genuinely shocked to how bad they were when I called though. I just was not expecting that. I am a very patient person by nature but I came off the phone really annoyed and my problem still unresolved.

So lets be honest here, my venting post was a waste of time except to make me feel better and it did 🙂 but because it wont make a diffrence to Virgin and thus changes nothing really I will simply just change provider. I have no contract with Virgin now so I can cancel it. My friend has BT and its pretty good so I will go for that most likely but Thank you

OK. I’ll ask for the post to be moved to the chatter forum rather than the support part 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Ok thank you. Can you drop a link to it please. I would be interested in seeing if any reply is made by Virgin for this

not in the community chatter section it won't.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Anonymous
Not applicable
"I have no contract with Virgin now"
you always have a contract with VM. it may now only be a 30-day rolling contract but you are still in contract.

Hi John,

This sounds like an absolute nightmare. It's easy to forget the pressures that families are under at the moment and not having a reliable internet connection can really compound the difficulties with work, downtime and even basics like ordering groceries. 

The customer service is non-existent. Everyone knows it's terrible. The recent OFCOM survey had Virgin Media bottom in a whole host of categories including wait times. Anecdotally by looking on social media and these forums you can sometimes get through if you call at exactly 8am or are prepared to hold for 90 minutes to 2 hours. The text message service rarely works and the forum wait time for a response is about 5-7 days.

Everyone knows it's terrible, even the people on here who will argue it's not (or as on one thread that it's a privilege to give Virgin money!). They've given too much time to this company for free to openly admit it so will give non-answers like all of the above. 

I know you said not to quote the terms and conditions but there are certain things in that that can help. 

Firstly there is a guarantee of speeds which basically means it needs to be less than 50% what they advertise for 3 consecutive days. They have 30 days to fix this or you have the right to leave you contract early. Obviously you need to be able to contact them to report this. 

Your best bet - and it might make you feel better - is to file a complaint. They have 8 weeks to respond to the complaint. You may think it does nothing but complaints and how they're dealt with form a major part of OFCOM annual reports and will affect what Virgin can say about their service in the future so it's definitely worth doing. If you're still unhappy with their response you can complain to an independent adjudicator. 

Hope that helps and I'm sorry you're having to deal with this stress.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo

spgray
Problem sorter

@JohnMcSmith wrote:

I have no contract now so I will cancel my direct debit and I will see you in small claims court for the £48 per month I am being ripped off for a service I do not get. How Trading Standards have not come down on you is a mystery to me. because all I see is Trading Sub-standards

huge mistake.
you are still in contract - a 30 day rolling contract.
cancelling the DD won't achieve anything other than you running up debts which will eventually be passed to debt collection and you credit rating being affected.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

So what you are saying is that Virgin will go after JohnMcSmith via a debt collection agency to obtain money for a service they didn't supply and that he has not had opportunity to tell them this because they don't answer the phones...and this sounds right?