cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will fixed contract have annual price increase

DianeWeaver
Joining in

I’m on an 18months fixed price contract and had an email to say my monthly price will increase by £7 per month!! 
Will these monthly extra charges be added before my contract ends or not?

Thanks for any advice 👍🏻

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Whether this applies to you depends on what sort of contract you've got.  VM's communication leaves a lot to be desired, and many customers are under the misapprehension that they've got a fixed price deal (that remains the same for the full contract term), and whilst that is true for a minority, the majority of customers are in fact on fixed discount contracts.  That second and much larger group continue to get their agreed discount for the length of their contract, but VM can increase the pre-discount price.  They'll still get their £x a month discount, but the price to which that applies can be raised.  This may be worth a read as the new T&Cs will make a material change to how VM's price rises affect you in future years.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, unless it is just ending. If you read your contract you will see what ‘fixed price’ covers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The price increases affect anyone on a fixed discount immediately. If you are on a fixed price then you stay on that price until it expires, at which point you get the double whammy of losing your discounts plus the price increase on top. When you are in the last month of your current contract phone up & see what’s on offer.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Whether this applies to you depends on what sort of contract you've got.  VM's communication leaves a lot to be desired, and many customers are under the misapprehension that they've got a fixed price deal (that remains the same for the full contract term), and whilst that is true for a minority, the majority of customers are in fact on fixed discount contracts.  That second and much larger group continue to get their agreed discount for the length of their contract, but VM can increase the pre-discount price.  They'll still get their £x a month discount, but the price to which that applies can be raised.  This may be worth a read as the new T&Cs will make a material change to how VM's price rises affect you in future years.