cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has Virgin's customer service gone so bad?

annabshort1
Tuning in

Why has Virgin's customer service gone so bad?

We have Virgin mobiles, broadband & TV, credit card, bank account, mortgage because we have always loved what the brand stands for, but the service from Virgin Broadband & Mobile has been absolutely shocking ever since we switched back over to them. What's gone so wrong with this business?

Does anyone know of any other good providers that do just broadband & TV?

10 REPLIES 10

MaxRoach
Joining in

I have never experienced such a genuinely comical lack of customer service/company efficiency in my entire life. 

I ordered an iphone 13 on a 36 month contract, totalling roughly £1600. I got told i'd receive an email for an E-signature within 48 hours, then on the day the phone was supposed to be delivered i contacted them and was told there was a technical issue on their side and the order hadn't been completed (even though i had received an order confirmation with an order number via email).

I then got told i had to restart a new order, but got told now it would take another 17 days for the phone to arrive and it was only available in blue.

I then got passed onto somebody else, who told me it could arrive in 11 days and they could do it in the original Midnight colour that i ordered.

I then went ahead regardless of the fact i'd already ordered this phone once before, and i asked several times if they could assure this would all go through and that the E-signature email would actually come through this time, and of course 48 hours passed and no email. I then called virgin customer service where the woman asked me for my postcode 6 times, my telephone number 4 times, then my name 3 times. Then after asking me for these details repeatedly and then just muting the call for over 40 minutes, she told me she had to call me back in 2 minutes. Shock, she never called back. 

Need less to say, i called EE and bought an iphone 13 on the spot with outstanding customer service that is arriving to my address next day. 

I know virgin aren't short of cash, but its nuts that these people have zero incentive to retain or gain customers. i tried to give them £1600 TWICE and they wanted nothing to do with it. 

BONKERS.

So glad i (by no choice of mine) ended up avoiding this company as a phone provider.