Menu
Reply
  • 2
  • 0
  • 0
angelpop
Joining in
358 Views
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why don't Virgin Media have morals?

Virgin Media stole money from my deceased father so I decided to leave. They have emailed me today and texted me yesterday threatening to charge for equipment that hasn't been returned. I have proof that Virgin Media received the equipment on 23rd May. Why does Virgin Media value money so much more highly than customers? 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 3.63K
  • 304
  • 1.06K
Dave_cq
Community elder
354 Views
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why don't Virgin Media have morals?

Probably because they are owned by an American based company Liberty Global who are taking a global liberty.  Morals, I doubt they know the meaning of the word LOL.

 

 

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
  • 2.4K
  • 130
  • 380
chenks
Problem sorter
346 Views
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why don't Virgin Media have morals?


@angelpop wrote:

Virgin Media stole money from my deceased father so I decided to leave. They have emailed me today and texted me yesterday threatening to charge for equipment that hasn't been returned. I have proof that Virgin Media received the equipment on 23rd May. Why does Virgin Media value money so much more highly than customers? 


stole would suggest a crime has taken place.
what did the police say when you reported the crime to them?

with regards to the returned equipment, is the proof showing that you sent it? or does it show that is was delivered?
if delivered, then 23rd was only thursday last week. friday and today being a bank holiday. it most likely hasn't been processed yet.

  • 2
  • 0
  • 0
angelpop
Joining in
322 Views
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why don't Virgin Media have morals?

Well I would call taking money from a dead person stealing. Yes the proof shows it has been received by Virgin not just sent. They may not have processed it over the bank holiday but they have still managed to harrass me with threats of charges.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 2.4K
  • 130
  • 380
chenks
Problem sorter
320 Views
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why don't Virgin Media have morals?


@angelpop wrote:
Well I would call taking money from a dead person stealing. Yes the proof shows it has been received by Virgin not just sent. They may not have processed it over the bank holiday but they have still managed to harrass me with threats of charges.

so again, i ask the question. if a crime has taken place (as you allege, what did the police say when you reported it?).
at the very least, what did the bank say when you reported an unauthorised transaction?

the text message will be via an automated system. if you have proof that it has been delivered to the correct address then you have nothing to worry about.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 49
  • 1
  • 13
Jim166
Dialled in
292 Views
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why don't Virgin Media have morals?

@ Chenks, to be patronising and condescending at the same time takes some doing but you have achieved it with flying colours. For someone who has lost a parent the world becomes a hostile place and you are filled with sorrow, anger, helplessness and a myriad of other emotions. Something has gone wrong for the OP and instead of glib unhelpful answers even to the state of trying to points score I would have thought it would be better to try and show some compassion and wait for a staff member to deal with the matter because its something neither you or I are in a position to deal with. Its easy to look big behind a keyboard but also easy to look a fool. For the record I have been with Virgin over 20 years never had a problem that was not dealt with courteously and in a timely manner. The OP  is hurting and I for one wish him or her a successful outcome for all parties and hope things get better.

  • 2.4K
  • 130
  • 380
chenks
Problem sorter
288 Views
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why don't Virgin Media have morals?


@Jim166 wrote:

@ Chenks, to be patronising and condescending at the same time takes some doing but you have achieved it with flying colours. For someone who has lost a parent the world becomes a hostile place and you are filled with sorrow, anger, helplessness and a myriad of other emotions. Something has gone wrong for the OP and instead of glib unhelpful answers even to the state of trying to points score I would have thought it would be better to try and show some compassion and wait for a staff member to deal with the matter because its something neither you or I are in a position to deal with. Its easy to look big behind a keyboard but also easy to look a fool. For the record I have been with Virgin over 20 years never had a problem that was not dealt with courteously and in a timely manner. The OP  is hurting and I for one wish him or her a successful outcome for all parties and hope things get better.


oh please!
the question regarding the return of equipment has been answered. the other parts of the post were just allegations with no evidence. if the allegation is true then the police or bank should be the primary contact regarding that - which is the advice given.

the irony is that you're being a "keyboard warrior" yourself with your own patronising and condescending repsonse.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.36K
  • 102
  • 352
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
252 Views
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why don't Virgin Media have morals?

obviously a sad time for you.

'Well I would call taking money from a dead person stealing'

not if they owe the money. if a pensioner has been paid to much for example on their pension it is legally able to be refunded by their bank to the pension provider. even on money owed to the estate it will still have tax deductions, if they are a tax payer.

if virgin have taken money because the equipment, as far as they are concerned hasn't been returned, there would be a question of morals although not illegal. for them to 'harass' for charges suggests a delay in equipment being sent back in the first place, although i can appreciate the reason for the delay.

if money has simply been taken that is not owed, then it is a mess up, not stolen. virgin should then get their finger out and sort asap with an apology.

i wish you well.





0 Kudos
Reply
  • 3.26K
  • 351
  • 1.1K
Superuser
Superuser
238 Views
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why don't Virgin Media have morals?

Sincere condolences on the passing of your father.

Whilst waiting for a forum team member to respond consider whether it is appropriate to raise these concerns with Ofcom here, Monitoring form; although Ofcom cannot investigate individual cases, the information provided will help them monitor consumer issues, and could lead to them launching an investigation into a particular company.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.02K
  • 58
  • 93
Forum Team
Forum Team
204 Views
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why don't Virgin Media have morals?

Hello angelpop, 

 

Thank you so much for taking the time to join our community and post to our walls - I was very sorry to hear of your loss and the subsequent issues you have had with the equipment return. 

 

As some of our users have advised, if you have evidence of the equipment being returned to us then the delay would just be down to the delay in processing this onto the account and for that I am truly sorry.

We would be more than happy to get this sorted out for you via a Personal Message - I have sent you one now; please look out for the Purple Envelop and pop me a reply when you can. 

 

Hope to hear back from you soon. 

 

Thank you.  

Katie - Forum Team


New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide