cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the live chat/messenger service?

DanTheMan20
Joining in

Trying to find the live chat/messenger, but I'm just being sent round in circles on the laptop web browser.

The "Contact Us" page doesn't have a messenger button. And the "How do I get in touch via live chat or messenger?" page just links back to the "Contact Us" page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/live-chat

Then on the mobile app, I keep getting an error. WHAT IS HAPPENING.

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DanTheMan20 

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by WhatsApp.

The replies from both of these services aren't instant as phone calls take priority when it's busy.

There is also a chat messenger link on the 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/upgrades-and-offers/broadband-tv-phone 

page, but as above when lines are busy phone calls take priority.

EDIT  If it's not a regrade or cancellation then create a post with details of the query and you may be able to helped/assisted from here.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

sorry NA but your advice has no help. im sure you mean well
a) the chat line - no link to where this is
b) I was coerced into waste of time VM app (its an excuse to pester you to up grade.
c) their message line is run by a bot and cant help me with "my modem is overheating"
d) there's no link to a whatsapp given on the App

you must use a smart phone to send a message
VM tries to force you to have a VM phone number

tried messaging, no service available ring the Trying to find the live chat/messenger, but I'm just being sent round in circles on the laptop web browser.

The "Contact Us" page doesn't have a messenger button. And the "How do I get in touch via live chat or messenger?" page just links back to the "Contact Us" page.

EDIT If it's not a regrade or cancellation then create a post with details of the query and you may be able to helped/assisted from here.

this may help but so far Ive been told to make contact through a message line????????
or ring their 0345 454 1111* (and wait forever)

The OP said
Trying to find the live chat/messenger, but I'm just being sent round in circles on the laptop web browser.

tried messaging but "no service available - ring the help line"

Clearly this is deliberate stonewalling and a breech of contract of service
I shall try cancelling my contract see if that gets their attention

I shall be looking for a new ISP

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi  again Robin

I'm pleased to see that your issue  /superhub-3-solid-red-light-and-very-hot  has been picked for you be the Forum Team, and an engineer visit has been arranged where you will receive a new hub.

As to your reply on this thread, "sorry NA but your advice has no help. im sure you mean well"

I wouldn't (and didn't) advise you to use any of the methods listed in this thread.

I responded in your original thread and and saw you had already had difficulty using the phone to resolve the issue, so I made a point of escalating your issue to the VM ModTeam so you would receive a quicker response from the Forum Team (it usually takes 2 or 3 days)

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for this. I texted VM via the number you gave me. I then got their "BOT" who, after a few question moved me on to an Agent that sent a Whats App link to connect. I was interacting for over one hour with this really helpful Agent. In the end we decided, after trying multiple things and resets and even trying to move the Sim card into another phone, that a new sim card was needed. One is on the way to me. So thank you. I had no clue how to contact them, except a phone call (the last one was over 40 mins and I really struggled to understand the persons accent). Online English was prefect  and they were determined to try and help me. Let us hope the new sim card resolves the problem. Otherwise I will be back on Whats App now I have the link.

thomas8927eva
Just joined

According to Ofcom complaints data, Sky are vastly better than Virgin Media. Personally I wouldn't touch Sky if they were the last provider on earth, due to the way they treated my elderly parents, but if the volume of data is to be believed, then Virgin Media are bouncing along the bottom, and (amongst broadband + TV providers) Sky are the least bad. BdV en Linea

Hi, are you able to post the whatsapp link as I struggled with the same exact thing and I have lost the whatsapp number and I cannot find it again. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @EmmaN1 

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could text VM on 0753 305 1809 or use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.
Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can, however it can take 4-6 hours.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.