cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did Virginmedia lose their etiquette?

Unclestein
On our wavelength

I quote this from my Virginmedia bill, this is exactly how it was written:

"You'Re Receiving A œ11 Discount. If You Change Your Package You May Lose This Discount Which Will End on 8 August 2023"

Lasting proof that they don't give a damn about their customers.

By the way, Sky are offering incentives to existing customers:

https://www.sky.com/deals/customer

3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Pay TV providers offer time-limited incentives to customers, and you've got one. What point are you making?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Sorry I should have mentioned I don't use the TV service.

The only reason I'm still with VM is for the reasonably consistent M200 Fibre Broadband service and the land-line, and also I want to keep my email address as it's printed on all my business cards!

The point I was making is that VM offer the same package to new customers for cheaper, albeit after an initial discount period.

I had to phone them and tell them I was thinking of leaving them (option 4) in order get £20 off the £72 per month they were charging me.

People complain on these forums ad nauseam that VM gives bigger incentives to new customers than existing ones. Well, that's VM's business model. You can, however, ask for a reduction as I do when coming to the end of my contract (and I always succeed although a new 18-month contract is required) or move to a competitor. And that's the key thing: VM isn't short of competitors and I do believe that broadband and phone customers should be able to get better deals from the DSL providers.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection