cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to reduce costs?

Robbie6
Settling in

Hi, we currently pay £64.50 a month for talk weekends (we don't have an landline phone never mind use it) mix TV and m100 fibre broadband.

Do any of you guys on here know of anyway of cutting our costs? For example could we remove the landline deal. Or get rid of TV package, as to be honest the channels we do watch can probably be accessed on Freeview. 

Thanks

Robbie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Having a quick play with the build a bundle for your combination, it weighs in at £62/month standard price so you're in the right ball-park if out-of-contract.

Landline phones often attracta bundle discount, but in this case removing it does cut some cost, as does TV. Do a quick review of the channels you watch, and whether Freeview carries them - but remember VM TV boxes allow recording too, which you may need to buy a Freeview PVR for.

Have a play with the bundle builder and then call into Virgin to discuss your circumstances & package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Some thoughts here.

Keep in mind that ANY change to the contract will then lock you in for another 18 months (upgrades changes are normally allowed, not "downgrades"), and that when negotiating with the retentions team, concepts like loyalty or fairness are utterly irrelevant, all that counts is what price you could get from a competitor, and the extent to which the agent believes you are likely to jump ship.  Loads of people phone up and say they'll leave, the best agents know intuitively and through training who's bluffing and who's serious.  Agent bonuses are paid for retaining customers, and likely for doing so at the lowest possible discount.

Keep it polite, friendly, treat it as a game, be willing to leave if you can't get an offer that's attractive in return for the next year and half of your guaranteed patronage!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The VM forum team don't deal with package changes. Unfortunately, you'll need to ring up to renegotiate.

<Deleted>

(Edit: Original post crossed with @Andrew-G and contained similar info!)

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Having a quick play with the build a bundle for your combination, it weighs in at £62/month standard price so you're in the right ball-park if out-of-contract.

Landline phones often attracta bundle discount, but in this case removing it does cut some cost, as does TV. Do a quick review of the channels you watch, and whether Freeview carries them - but remember VM TV boxes allow recording too, which you may need to buy a Freeview PVR for.

Have a play with the bundle builder and then call into Virgin to discuss your circumstances & package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks