cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin are 1/5 star on TrustPilot - be wary!

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

Please read the reviews here:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/store.virginmedia.com

Before deciding to sign up to this service.

Open to any questions.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

I think a quote is in order:

"If the product you sell can not easily be acquired elsewhere, people will come to you regardless of your poor performance"

So, once the speeds VM offer are easily obtained elsewhere, I would expect people to leave in their droves, unless VM start performing better.

Case in point

Customer 1: "VM is crap, I'm moving to hyper optic."

Customer 2: "But my only alternative is BT, and I on'y get 8mbps!"

Customer 1: "Then you shall suffer."

Anonymous
Not applicable

My opnion of VM couldn't be any lower and I feel angry at the way I was treated and the implications of me leaving have impacted my life in ways I didn't consider.  The double bills, removal of discounts in last two months where disconnection didn't go through and the Early Disconnection Fine of £240 (despite years of being a continuous customer)  has resulted in my credit score dipping and late marks on there.  The conclusion is I will ensure any one I have influence over will never join VM - when it comes to my daughters leaving home and my close friends and family that's a good few households; my daughters' I'll even offer to help with the initial bills if the stay away.

I moved to 900mb BT full fibre and the service has been 100%, one issue and I had a returned phone call the next day as promised with a solution from a call centre in the same city where I live.  On a month by month basis I am paying them less than I paid Virgin Media for very comparable package but it is actually being delivered.  I was receiving 50 to 70% of advertised speed with VM with awful wifi from Hub4 and poor quality TV.  BT is always above the 900mb with excellent wifi and TV is far better quality - less tuners but more reliable and better quality equipment.

Other full fibre providers are rapidly expanding capacity, speed offering with very competitive prices - I think VM will see sustained decline in the next few years based on all I have been reading.  I think decline will help those who remain with VM as over utilisation issues that VM have ignored & lied about will disappear.  VM's market share is 24% currently and I'd like them to be reduced to >20%.

100% agree

bump