cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Road Drain Cover

JOHNRICOTE
Joining in

Good morning.

My partner owns a business in Rhydefelin (South Wales) called Michelle's Snax Cafe and her and surrounding homes have complained without any action on a VIRGIN MEDIA drain cover in the middle of the road that clanks very very loudly when traffic crosses over it...its exactly where every car etc travels...this is not just very annoying for the cafe customers trying to enjoy a coffee outside but also to other neighboring businesses and for the residents who are kept up all hours with the loud noise...young children awake to the same.

The post code here is CF37 5RW

Can you please advise how this could be sorted asap as perhaps its becoming loose and will create a severe hazard?

Many thanks in advance.

John Ricote

14 REPLIES 14

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Can you get a photo of the problematic cover, you say a drain cover the issue you may have if that is the case Virginmedia do not use drain covers that would down to your local council.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo of it here so it can be identified.

See if anything here helps....

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I've looked at the road on Google Maps and it's not obvious that any of the drain covers belong to VM. In fact I've never heard of VM installing covers on roads as ducting is typically always run alongside roads (hence there are pavement covers). I suggest that you contact Welsh Water about the cover.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

I want to live in your world where a noisy drain cover is the top of my priority list…

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Looking on Streetview, there's something in the road marked "CableTel", is this the one?

cabletel.png

Oh, good spot, CableTel had a South Wales franchise and was a predecessor of NTL which bought out Telewest and became Virgin Media much later. And CableTel did have covers in the road.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

yes that's the one...how do we get Virgin to repair before it becomes a safety hazard ?

219538596_958531438264488_6700778639737620072_n.jpg

Dean_C

Hi @JOHNRICOTE 

We're very sorry about the noise caused by this drain cover in Rhydefelin.

I've reported the issue to our street equipment and someone will be out out to get it sorted very soon.

Kind regards,

Dean_C
Community Moderator