cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value for money????????

Hannahman
On our wavelength

Decided I’d had enough, put through to disconnections, as I’ve done for the last 10 years. It just got too much for me to ignore when a £3.50 discount came to an end and was told my new monthly price would be just over £38.

£38 sounds reasonable.? For this I get Freeview, a land line I never use, and broardband. Told VM I wanted disconnecting, just had enough of being ripped off. VM guy tells me I’m tied into a contract till January 2022.  All I’ve ever achieved by contacting disconnections is reduced service, ie, no movie, sports 24/7 free use of landline, so nowhere to go. I argued I’d not agreed to a new contract, but somewhere along the line, by accepting a discounted bill, it counted as a new contract, VM pointed out my true cost should be £25 more , as that’s the value of the discounts applied to my account? HONESTLY? I said? So my package should be costing me around £60? “Yes” says the VM guy. So for Freeview, a landline I never use, a digital box, probably 10 years old, possibly more, that I haven’t switched on for the last 3 years, my package is worth £60?????  All I use is Broardband, and not for gaming or downloading movies, I just stream Netflix, and I live alone, so no heavy usage. The VM guy said he could reduce my bill to £29.49.

The executive team dealt with my complaint, not to my satisfaction, but we just kept going over the same crap, their parting shot was , I can cancel in December, my last bill will be for January 2022, but Phone 150, and I’m sure we can sort some discounts for you! I told them I’ve been a customer since they were Telewest (25-30 years) and have had enough, if you can’t give me your best deal first time, I won’t be dealing with you. 
Anyone thinking of joining VM, I’d say much better deals are out there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Standard price for 100 Mbps, basic TV and phone looks like it is £62

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/packages

If you really only want broadband, and high speeds are not important to you, then you should certainly look around for alternative providers.

There are an increasing number of posts on the forums from customers who are seeing Openreach FTTP going into their streets. Try your postcode in the link below

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

and then also try the websites of other providers. Make sure you give 30 days' notice and then you can leave VM in Jan 2022.

The days of VM's high speed monopoly are drawing to a close, only VM don't seem to have realised this yet or they are not too bothered about it!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Standard price for 100 Mbps, basic TV and phone looks like it is £62

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/packages

If you really only want broadband, and high speeds are not important to you, then you should certainly look around for alternative providers.

There are an increasing number of posts on the forums from customers who are seeing Openreach FTTP going into their streets. Try your postcode in the link below

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

and then also try the websites of other providers. Make sure you give 30 days' notice and then you can leave VM in Jan 2022.

The days of VM's high speed monopoly are drawing to a close, only VM don't seem to have realised this yet or they are not too bothered about it!

Hannahman
On our wavelength

Exactly my point, BT is snapping at their heels, and yet if they can make a profit charging me £29, then why try taking £60.

I told them I dont need speed, and am sure they dropped me to a lesser speed, can’t be 100%.

I’m just being lazy by not leaving them, but now, kids are gone, living alone, I’ve nothing to loose by dumping them, and if it’s a bad move, I can come back after a period to be welcomed back with a rock bottom price from VM.

thanks for your reply

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Hannahman wrote:

<snip>

I told them I dont need speed, and am sure they dropped me to a lesser speed, can’t be 100%.

<snip

This has certainly been mentioned on the forum before. A past topic even mentioned having the landline service removed (without the customer realising this was part of the money-saving 'deal')!

I would recommend this post below to you on the subject of downgrading (or moving, if necessary)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/can-you-downgrade-package-without-using-the...

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
To me your getting a good deal at £38

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hannahman
On our wavelength

Really?

landline I don’t use, 10 year old digital  box I’ve not switched on for 3 years and broardband for I pad?

I suggest you do a web search and see just how many companies are offering cheaper service.

Remember, the £38 is what they are asking after £25 worth of discounts I’ve argued for, so if your happy to agree with the fees, best of luck to you, your just the target audience VM are looking for😂😂😂😂😂😂