cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM property being auctioned

Anonymous
Not applicable

Despite the very clear legal obligations set out in VM Ts and Cs that kit remains the property of VM it appears that a few irresponsible scallywags are selling VM kit off to the highest bidder. 

Screenshot_20220619-144930.png

Unwitting bidders for this property will of course get their fingers burnt as it needs to be activated by VM to work.

Out of curiosity I checked the highest value item on sale and it is a VM van for £16194.

What to make of this bustling exercise in free enterprise? What have you noticed for sale that perhaps should have been returned to VM in the statutory pre addressed envelope? 

3 REPLIES 3

jamesofmerton
Super solver
loads over the years, v6's, tivos, cables. occasionally the fall out from that seen on here with people complaining they bought a box off of ebay/gumtree and it won't work ie the seller told them they had free access to everything.

not just virgin though, i've seen mcdonalds/royal mail uniforms for sale along with tech that clearly isn't meant for resale. with the way the world is now i only see this increasing as people try to make a quick buck and plenty there waiting to save a few bucks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point. This trade works both ways and probably is a symptom of the worsening cost of living crisis. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You're a mug if you hand over money for a VM van, or any motor vehicle, without getting the tear-off V5C/2 ‘new keeper’s details’.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection