cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM broadband only rates

Andrew3651
Dialled in

Not sure if this is the right board but hey-ho.

I'm being charged £45.50pcm for 100Mbps broadband only, following an 8+% hike. That's a 90% premium on the newbie rate and, frankly a oke in the eye for someone who has been with the network since Nynex days. It also seems out of sync with the wider market given BT are rolling out faster services at pace - I'm just a couple of weeks away with cables going down as I type.

Currently BT offers 28-36Mb for circa £25 (yeah, newbie rate but I don't think BT punishes loyalty?) and it looks like 67+ will be available soon from around £30.

I've already dropped from 150Mb to 100Mb without noticing a thing. So would dropping to 67Mb really hurt? . I'm kind of sick of being treated like something you've trodden in by VM, albeit not by the people on this forum.

20 REPLIES 20

So whe I contacted Virgin to cancel, they first offered to reduce to £40 from £45.50 for 100mbps. I said I'd already told them months ago that they needed be sub £30 to keep me. No can do says fella. I then discover I'm not in fact through to Retentions, so get transferred. Cheers for wasting my time fella. 

Retentions guy tells me not to leave as all corporations are as bad. Seriously. He tries me with £26.50. I'm done I tell him. Thenm I get a call. £23.50? £22.50. No. Then another call, from a guy who cheerfully admits I've been a customer longer than he's been alive. He's in a team charged with retaining extra loyal customers like me. £20. I still say no.

This is the thing Virgin. You need treat customers properly all the time, not just when they threaten to leave. I'm tired of dealing with people hamstrung by moronic management. So despite you deciding to drop your trousers, I'm gone. I'll be paying more than £20, for a 150mbps connection. But I very much doubt I'll be treated like something you've trodden in.

Over and out of here.