cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Hub 3

Donald1946
On our wavelength

Hi i'm having broadband installed on 22nd November will the engineer bring the hub or will it be sent by post?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Donald1946 wrote:

regarding Firestick speed i have one in my dining room and with ethernet connection get 179mbps download the Firestick 4K Max in living room shows 97.52 mbps with ethernet.

ok, so what does that tell you?
it tells you that the ethernet adapator you have connected to the Firestick 4k Max is 100Mbps, whereas the one connected to the other firestick is 1000Mbps.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you have an engineer install they bring everything with them you need.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Donald1946
On our wavelength

Hi my broadband installed hub3 the light on the front was yellowish i asked engineer about that and he said the White light was to bright so they changed it to a dimmer light i have the 500 mbps but can only achieve 95 download using Firestick and ethernet connection yet on my iphone my speed is 450/510 using new powerline adapters 1000 ?

the light is not relevant to any issue you have.

the firestick probably only has a 100Mbps network connection, therefore 95Mbps sounds about right.

your iphone shows that you have no issues with your virgin connection.

@chenks76 wrote:

the light is not relevant to any issue you have.

the firestick probably only has a 100Mbps network connection, therefore 95Mbps sounds about right.

your iphone shows that you have no issues with your virgin connection.

Correct, firesticks only have a 10/100 ethernet port.

Ironically connecting via wireless should be quicker!

regarding Firestick speed i have one in my dining room and with ethernet connection get 179mbps download the Firestick 4K Max in living room shows 97.52 mbps with ethernet.

@Donald1946 wrote:

ok, so what does that tell you?
it tells you that the ethernet adapator you have connected to the Firestick 4k Max is 100Mbps, whereas the one connected to the other firestick is 1000Mbps.

not realy as i use same ugreen ethernet adapters 

i will swop adapters over to see if that is correct

well you were correct swopped adapters over now getting 273 download on the Cable Matters ethernet adapter in living room the ugreen one not as good.