Menu
Highlighted
Treaddie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Un-Loyalty Treatment

Hi, 

I have just had an unforgettable experience with Virgin Media's so called "loyalty department".

I earlier last week terminated my package with Virgin Media for the usual reasons of the loyal customers like myself (27yrs) and the great deals that new customers get. In the usual way of Virgin, I was phoned the very next day & offered a package which was to me an insult. I am at present on a VIP package that contains Full House TV, M350 Fibre Broadband & Talk more anytime phone for £99.00 per month. I am finding this a bit much so I decided that I want to get rid of the phone & line and only keep the broadband & Sky Sports HD as I am an avid football fan. I was told by Virgins Loyalty dept. that Virgin would never let me cancel the phone package because we live in a capitalist society and I would have to keep the phone package to get a decent deal. before this I was offered broad band & Sky Sports for £110 per month, that's when I told them to cancel my account. As far as I can tell from various sites online, Virgin media 350 MB is £52 per month & Sky Sports HD is £38 per month.....Who is lying, why do Virgin do this every year whenever my contract comes to an end. If there is anyone out there in the know as to Virgins package prices could you please tell me truthfully if I can or not get rid of my phone package and also how much it would cost for Sky Sports HD & broadband only (350MB or 200MB)?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Un-Loyalty Treatment

Virgin do not offer sky sports without a TV package alongside and virgin also give better prices with a landline.

£99 is a good price for the VIP package, perhaps compare it to sky to work out how much it would cost via sky

0 Kudos
Treaddie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, but the issue is I am close to retirement age and wish to reduce my monthly outgoings. I agree that £99 is a good price for the VIP package but I no longer want that package. I want to cut my package down to just Sky Sports HD & broadband to reduce my monthly outgoings but the rude person I talked to in Virgins loyalty department refused to do just that, he insisted that Virgin would not withdraw my home phone package because "this is a capitalist society & Virgin want the money. £99 for VIP is fine but £110.00 for Sky Sports HD & broadband only is an insult.

Regards.. 

chenks
Wise owl
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

virgin do not offer sky sports HD on its own, so you are asking them to provide something they don't offer.
Now TV (provided by Sky) may be a better solution for you.
0 Kudos
Treaddie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply, 

I was not offered Sky Sports alone, I was offered Sky Sports HD & 350MB broadband for £110 per month. As far as I can work out Sky Sports HD is £38.00 per month & £50 MB broadband is £52 per month, I may be wrong as they have a various prices & packages floating around the internet.

Regards...

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

what exactly do you want in terms of packages?
you say you want Sky Sports HD, but you need other TV packages alongside that, you can't just have sky sports HD.

virgin work on a "bundle" system, where the more you take the better the price gets.
if you take just one thing then the price is not competitive.

if you want just internet and sky sports then Now TV is probably more appopriate, and will be cheaper for those on limited incomes.
0 Kudos
Treaddie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chenks, thanks for your reply, 

What I wanted to do was reduce my package to a more manageable level, as you know I've got the VIP package which consists of Full House TV, M350 Fibre Broadband & Talk More Anytime Phone. I thought I could get rid of the phone because it is not used, everyone here is on mobiles, reduce the tv by getting rid of Sky Movies & maybe reduce the broadband speed to 200MB & ideally not be paying £99 per month. I am nearing retirement & would in no way be able to afford the package I'm on. I would love to have Sky Sports HD, TV without the movies, and no phone and be paying in the region of £65-£70 per month, and yes I have seen such packages for new customers, just a pity that they don't reward you for 27yrs (they say) loyalty.

Regards

Treaddie 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Treaddie,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about this. 

The best team to discuss deals with is our Retention's team. 

We will happily take a look at your package for you and see what we can offer if you'd like?

^Martin

Treaddie
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin, I would like to get a offer but as yet the only decent offer I have had was from a extremely rude individual from the so called loyalty department with an offer of £74.00, but like I said the guy was extremely rude and I told him goodbye & hung up. I will try the retentions team again but I don't hold out much hope, my disconnection date is 15th September.

Regards

Treaddie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Treaddie,

Thank you for coming back to us, I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos