cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD

Jonmal
On our wavelength

I have a "home" bundle and am out of contact. I pay £130/m and am happy enough with this. I want to add Sky UHD channels but keep getting offers updating everything and taking my cost to £154/m.

Is that right or am I misunderstanding something. I don't want anything else changed.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi John,

VM don't carry Sky UHD channels. Virgin has it's own dedicated TV Ultra HD channel on 228 and 999.

Virgin also have the Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD add on. If you take this then if you already subscribe to Sky Cinema, you will find a selection of UHD titles through Sky Cinema On Demand on your Virgin TV box. Also lots of Box Sets and some Sky catchup programs in UHD.

If you already have BT Sports as part of your package then you will already receive BT Sport Ultimate on channel 531.

I agree with Steve1701 in that you are better calling in since you are out of contract.  There are definitely better offers available than those shown online  via My Virgin media. You should be able to keep your current package and add on the UHD element, and very likely see a decrease in the priicing.

Speak to Retentions (thinking of leavings us)

They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi Jonmal ,

I'm on the Oomph Bundle with the Sky Sports HD and Sky Cinema HD Packages. (This package is normally £139)

I have the UHD Channels (what there are of them) ... 🙄 ... I'm not sure what package you are on but I think you might need the Sports & Movies Packages to access UHD, Like Ultra HD (228 & 999) plus BT Ultimate (531)

I'm sure if you ring saying you are planning on leaving, they may be able to do a deal that suits you, but I'm sure one of our more knowledgeable members will be able to inform you better.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi John,

VM don't carry Sky UHD channels. Virgin has it's own dedicated TV Ultra HD channel on 228 and 999.

Virgin also have the Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD add on. If you take this then if you already subscribe to Sky Cinema, you will find a selection of UHD titles through Sky Cinema On Demand on your Virgin TV box. Also lots of Box Sets and some Sky catchup programs in UHD.

If you already have BT Sports as part of your package then you will already receive BT Sport Ultimate on channel 531.

I agree with Steve1701 in that you are better calling in since you are out of contract.  There are definitely better offers available than those shown online  via My Virgin media. You should be able to keep your current package and add on the UHD element, and very likely see a decrease in the priicing.

Speak to Retentions (thinking of leavings us)

They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Jonmal
On our wavelength

Thanks that's very helpful. I'll give it a go. Can I call retentions directly or threaten to leave?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Say you are thinking of leaving and going to Sky to get the UHD and reduce your costs, even if you aren't.

As a reference with Sky you can get the Sky Sports, BT Sports (but not the BT Ultimate UHD channel) Sky Cinema, Sky multiroom, Sky HD plus Sky UHD and Sky Kids for £103 per month (broadband is extra)  but use that a negotiating price.

Retentions will then try to save you as a VM customers and probably offer to add on the UHD and reduce your costs at the same time.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Jonmal
On our wavelength

Many thanks!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best of luck @Jonmal .

Please let us know how you get on.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Jonmal
On our wavelength

Will do! Thanks again.

Hey Jonmal ,

You should do OK, VM is always keen to keep hold of customers, fingers crossed.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although do spend a few minutes researching prices from alternative providers before calling.

I'm sure retentions agents have heard "I'm going to Sky" many times before, where the customer has very little intention of going through with it.

If you have prices from Sky/BT/whoever - it shows you've done some homework and that you "could" be serious. Whether you are or not, is for you to know and them to find out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks