cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for change?

Chien
Tuning in

Do you think it's time for Virgin to look at packaging streaming services to give customers what they actually want? If I start taking out subscriptions I'm going to end up bankrupt!🙄🤣  it would be really great if you could get Discovery+, Paramount+ etc at discounted prices. At the end of the day, this is all about profits and cash to make programmes. I've been a Telewest/Virgin customer for over 20 years and yes I've been "head hunted" by Sky! Just recently they offered me the same deal as Volt, for £39 pm, no I didn't take it. So come on Virgin give Sky a run for its money and keep your customers happy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

annorax
Superfast

@Chien wrote:

Do you think it's time for Virgin to look at packaging streaming services to give customers what they actually want? If I start taking out subscriptions I'm going to end up bankrupt!🙄🤣  it would be really great if you could get Discovery+, Paramount+ etc at discounted prices. At the end of the day, this is all about profits and cash to make programmes. I've been a Telewest/Virgin customer for over 20 years and yes I've been "head hunted" by Sky! Just recently they offered me the same deal as Volt, for £39 pm, no I didn't take it. So come on Virgin give Sky a run for its money and keep your customers happy.

Discovery+ as a stand alone app may not last longer in its present form in the UK anyway since the merger with BT Sport.

There's already talk that existing BT Sports customers will get Discovery+ content by the end of the year.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Chien wrote:

Do you think it's time for Virgin to look at packaging streaming services to give customers what they actually want? If I start taking out subscriptions I'm going to end up bankrupt!🙄🤣  it would be really great if you could get Discovery+, Paramount+ etc at discounted prices. 

Looking at the world class fiasco VM have managed over bundling Netflix, you reckon that adding even more subscription streaming services would work out well?

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The addition of apps is not under VM's control. I'm confident, though, that given time they will become available (like Disney+).

In any case it's not a problem for me as my Fire TV Stick 4K Max provides all the apps (and fuctionality within apps such as HDR10+ and Dolby Vision for Prime Video) which are missing from the V6.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

annorax
Superfast

@Chien wrote:

Discovery+ as a stand alone app may not last longer in its present form in the UK anyway since the merger with BT Sport.

There's already talk that existing BT Sports customers will get Discovery+ content by the end of the year.

👃👍👏🤞🤞🤞