cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Hub 5.

roughbeast
Up to speed

Well? When will we all get offered one of these, complete with its 2.5Gb ethernet port? 

This is obviously the way to go when we already have 1.2Gb broadband in the top tier. 

What's its WiFi like? 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/10/broadband-isp-virgin-media-o2-uk-test-wifi-6-hub-5-rou... 

Services: 1Gb / 50Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4. Routers = SHub 4 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AX11000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rgreen59
Tuning in

Hi Again Roughbeast.  
I have been on the phone to cs

they have suggested using the link www.virginmedia.com/offers/befirst. .   Ignore what it says but the site is basically for registering your interest in any new products virgin may have 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Rgreen59
Tuning in

Definitely going to phone up today and ask about this myself.   I have a related post 

Rgreen59
Tuning in

Very interesting! Looks like an error in emailing customers and then the follow up, bounced them into this announcement.

Also, that 2.2Gb trial looks very serious. I wonder when that will be rolled out and will they give us a decent upstream with DOCSIS 3.1 up as well as down? 

Services: 1Gb / 50Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4. Routers = SHub 4 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AX11000

Well that shouldn’t happen with it being a VM site..   

Also roughbeast, I am also very intrigued on the matter.   Need to get in touch with CS now they have announced it 

Rgreen59
Tuning in

Hi Again Roughbeast.  
I have been on the phone to cs

they have suggested using the link www.virginmedia.com/offers/befirst. .   Ignore what it says but the site is basically for registering your interest in any new products virgin may have 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Buffer6,

That happens using Firefox with the malwarebytes extension enabled. 

The page loads properly for me when I turned off the extension (I didn't even know I had it lol) or if using Chrome or Edge browsers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Greeny. Currently, they are only touting a new entertainment service, whatever that is. No Hub 5 mentioned. 

josh94
Superfast

Customer service have no idea what the Hub 5 is... just keep telling me about a deal that's very expensive compared to FTTP providers in my area and asking me what I think about it with smiley faces? Lol