cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded customer service

Studmuffin
Joining in

Trying to cancel my virgin because of the second price increase in a year and it's impossible. Had the phone put down on me twice now. Anyone got any advice please. Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you can write to the sunderland address or

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Victoria22
Tuning in

I’ve just tried to call 3 times, held for 15 mins each time and kept getting cut off…hoping it’s a temporary issue….

The 0845 number is cutting me off when called

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
try at 08.00 tomorrow

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

kevy107
On our wavelength

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have never experienced anything like it. For three days I have been trying to get through to Virgin Media.

The first phone call was cut off after 30 mins. Then I was waiting on live chat for one hour and was moved to a Whatsapp chat. I received a message three hours later. The agent tried to get me to stay. I said no. I then received a message (in the same Whatsapp chat) from a bot informing me that the disconnection team was closed. 

I had the same result over the next two days. I placed in a complaint to Virgin Media on the second day via Virgins website.

I will not pay any monies past my 30 day notice period. Which is 01.03.22) I kept all my Whatsapp conversations and printed them off. 

I am sick to the back teeth of this incompetent & amateurish (Virgin Media)  company. I urge everyone to stay away.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Victoria22 

You shouldn't be dialling an 0845 number as it's premium rated.

AS @-tony-  advised use either 150 from a VM landline or mobile (free call) or 0345 454 1111 (local rate number included on most tariffs) or freephone number 0800 052 0422

With it being a Sunday the lines may already have closed for the day, plus VM have also had systems issues for the past 2 days (not sure if it's been fixed yet) which meant the IVR isn't always transferring calls correctly and agents had also been unable to connect to certain systems.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

kevy107
On our wavelength

I've just called the 4th night on the trot. Nothing. 

domidi
On our wavelength

@-tony- wrote:

you can write to the sunderland address or

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

Try calling them now - they're shut. They've been closed for ages this evening. Absolutely nobody is available until 10pm, or 9pm. Maybe 8pm at a push. Honestly, try it - they're closed.

Keep records of every single attempt to contact VM, how long you were left waiting, if you were cut off, given the run around etc. If push comes to shove then the industry regulator, if not Courts in extreme cases, won’t be impressed by their performance. But you do need proper evidence.