cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking Virgin Media to Court

BobDrizzle
Tuning in

Does anyone know the address for Lutz Schuler and the Virgin Media team? 

I'm issuing a letter before court claim and not sure if this should be sent to the Payments address or direct to Lutz.

Ive tried CEDR and they were a waste of time so I declined there offer and Citizens Advice bureau recommended issuing formal proceedings. 

Any help appreciated, thanks I'm advance.

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BobDrizzle
Tuning in

I've located this address for head office, could someone confirm if it's the best address?

Griffin House

161 Hammersmith Road

Hammersmith

London W6 8BS

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

BobDrizzle
Tuning in

I've located this address for head office, could someone confirm if it's the best address?

Griffin House

161 Hammersmith Road

Hammersmith

London W6 8BS

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Normally you'd issue proceedings against the company at their registered office (address here).  You don't have to name an individual because your case is against company not person, but if you wanted to you could name Enrique Medina Malo, who is General Counsel and Chief Regulatory Officer.  Any named director will never see it anyway, it'll be opened by a bored PA, passed to the legal team and then farmed out to an equally bored junior paralegal (BJP).

Hopefully you're very clear on the facts of the case and applicable law, otherwise the BJP will run rings around you.  

Ace, thanks Andrew.

Yes I've got all the facts and also spoke to CAB as Virgin Media tried to send a number of weasel T&C's to state why they were not liable,  unfortunately for Virgin Media - they sent me material that supports my case, namely that Virgin Media were negligent in providing notice to customers about planned works that would materially affect the service. 

Thanks again 👍🏻

@BobDrizzle wrote:

Ace, thanks Andrew.

Yes I've got all the facts and also spoke to CAB as Virgin Media tried to send a number of weasel T&C's to state why they were not liable,  unfortunately for Virgin Media - they sent me material that supports my case, namely that Virgin Media were negligent in providing notice to customers about planned works that would materially affect the service. 

Thanks again 👍🏻

Was the VM material to support your case not available when you made your submission to CISAS?

Virgin Media refused to send me details of the pre-planned work and how far in advance they approved the works to go ahead. It's not included on my SAR as they avoid sharing too much information with the call centre agents. 

CEDR couldn't be bothered to ask Virgin Media to  evidence that the work was planned in advance. (I found the service a waste of time, but I guess they can't bite the hand that feeds them)

CAB have advised they will need to provide the information at court. Thus I'm taking legal action.

Do you know how I could get hold of the information? I might try the council as they may have a record of when the highway permit was submitted.

@BobDrizzle wrote:

Virgin Media refused to send me details of the pre-planned work and how far in advance they approved the works to go ahead. It's not included on my SAR as they avoid sharing too much information with the call centre agents. 

CEDR couldn't be bothered to ask Virgin Media to  evidence that the work was planned in advance. (I found the service a waste of time, but I guess they can't bite the hand that feeds them)

CAB have advised they will need to provide the information at court. Thus I'm taking legal action.

Do you know how I could get hold of the information? I might try the council as they may have a record of when the highway permit was submitted.

CISAS would not carry out an investigation for you and seek out evidence. The last CISAS stat's report that 83%-ish of cases were 'settled' or 'found in favour' of the customer. If your CISAS case was unsuccessful it would be in the minority of outcomes.

If your issue is to do with the automatic compensation scheme for a loss of service, there are clauses in the OFCOM minimum requirements document and in VM's T&Cs which halt payments if VM gives advance notice of works which cause an outage (VM's doc's say not less than 24 hours notice).

Some topics on the 'Quick Start' forum do mention customers contacting their local highways authority (may be your local council or county council) to find out information about street works. In these delayed-installation cases it is often when VM is claiming a delay in installation is due to waiting for permits to work from the council. The councils on those topics seem to have been readily forthcoming with the information when they have been asked.

Thanks pal.

Yes the issue is regarding Virgin Media failing to provide any advance notice for pre-planned works, which them caused material outage.

I'm told the courts can ask for evidence of when the changes went through Virgin Media Change Boards and what impacts were considered regarding the impact to Users.

Personally I think Virgin Media said the impact would be limited to a £20 fee for those impacted, and the recommendation was to not communicate the change to the entire population of customers impacted. 

Do you know where I can find OFCOM minimum requirements document, would be worth a read. 

Thanks again.

@BobDrizzle wrote:

Thanks pal.

Yes the issue is regarding Virgin Media failing to provide any advance notice for pre-planned works, which them caused material outage.

I'm told the courts can ask for evidence of when the changes went through Virgin Media Change Boards and what impacts were considered regarding the impact to Users.

Personally I think Virgin Media said the impact would be limited to a £20 fee for those impacted, and the recommendation was to not communicate the change to the entire population of customers impacted. 

Do you know where I can find OFCOM minimum requirements document, would be worth a read. 

Thanks again.

OFCOM's 'set of minimum standards' for automatic compensation is here (para 15 refers to outages and planned work)

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-...

updated rates here

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

and VM's automatic compensation scheme is here (para 9 refers to outages and planned work)

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

Are you on a residential contract?

What damage did you suffer and how much compensation do you want?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection