Menu
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Swansea to Manchester ?

I have noticed on the other forums I inhabit, that a number of the Mods posts are coming from "new names" (at least to me) who often have just a few posts.  With that data, and a recent comment from the horseman, does that mean that all Mods activity has now moved up to our fair city - or is it still in process ?  If so when is it predicted to complete ?  Did many of the Swansea old guard move up north ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swansea to Manchester ?

Hey @jbrennand 

Well spotted Smiley Happy

The majority of our community work is now being done in Manchester - though we do have some staff in Swansea still for the time being.

I'm the only person who's relocated to take up a role in Manchester.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good choice Kevin and welcome - hope to see you at the Etihad soon!
Shame that more colleagues didn't come with you but I know it can be difficult for those with strong family ties to their location. Same thing happened to me and my colleagues when my company relocated to Cambridge a few years ago. Quite a few did relocate as it was an attractive "deal" - but I was too long in the tooth for that.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Kev_B wrote:

Hey @jbrennand 

Well spotted Smiley Happy

The majority of our community work is now being done in Manchester - though we do have some staff in Swansea still for the time being.

I'm the only person who's relocated to take up a role in Manchester.

And I suppose that all the new "Forum Staff" are not Bots.

I find it a bit odd that the first 100 posts by one of the new "Forum Team" contained exactly the same script ad verbatim. and there was not direct help involved, just pointers. Either Bots or need some serious training to reach the level of support the Swansea Team gave.

chenks
Wise owl
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Kev_B to be honest i'm finding the stock copy/paste responses from @Emma_C  to be quite unhelpful at the moment

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I expect they will all be trained to tell users to pay for Gadget Rescue!

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

looking at some of the responses from the new VM staff members, the distinct lack of real knowledge is clear to see. the term "in over their heads" springs to mind.

we've lost the knowledge that came with the previous VM staff, and now it just seems they are giving stock copy/paste answers to give the illusion that customer support is being given, when in reality it's doing nothing of the sort.
0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Looking at some of the replies I am now convince that VM, not content with closing Swansea down, are trying to waste save more money by using support Bots. They must have been watching too many Microsoft AI commercials.

There is no checking of the user account notes to see whether the poster has phoned in.
No querying of users Hubs to check stats.
No checking of Local Circuit for faults or traffic.
No organising engineer visits where required.
Repeated urging for posters to Phone the dreadful offshore call center.

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And also a marked decrease in response time - on the face of it - good - in reality it seems designed to get their post counts up quickly in an effort to give the impression of authority.

--------------------