Menu
Kevchi28
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sub standard service and tech support awful

Customer for nearly 10 years finally at the end of my tether. Been having outages on internet and TV for last couple of months don't get reimbursed, then ring tech support and never get a clear answer. Paying for 350 fibre but not working correctly as after installation not enough cable given so having electrical interference which I am sure is hampering speed but can't move router, then to add insult to injury they are offering my same bundle to new customers nearly £30 cheaper think I will pay my contract off and move elsewhere really miffed with the sub standard service.

0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sub standard service and tech support awful

new customers always get introductory deals, they revert to the normal price once the introductory period is over.

if you speak to cancellations i'm sure they will process your request to cancel if you ask them, you might even get a deal to stay which may make you feel less "insulted".

when you say "not enough cable given", do you mean that the original installation was fine at the time, but now you feel you might need to move the router? virgin will do that that work to move the location but they will charge for it.
0 Kudos
Kevchi28
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It was at the time but 10 years is a long time in technology I didn't have smart TVs and all other electrical interference around the router. Being with them that long you would have thought a simple request to give me extra cable so I can relocate my router to get the best out of my services would have resulted in a charge considering the amount of money I pay, and the length of time with them. I do understand the fact that new customers are enticed in by better deals but they should have service to there more loyal customers as well as to new customers. I don't mind paying a bit extra for good service.

0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

it's not a case of simply giving you a longer cable.
the signal levels also have to checked and adjusted if new cable length is used.
it may be fine but it might not be, therefore it requires an engineer callout to do it.

as it's a non-fault job a cost would be applicable to do the work.
0 Kudos