cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no service (TV channels)

nepilim22
Just joined

So it's now 17:21. There is still no virgin media TV channels!! It's not a good service for a customer with or without young children. Can I assume there will be a reduction in the monthly bill? I'm in the Derby area and it's been like this since 10:20, this morning. Maybe there is a way to claim against this incident? My contract is for renewal shortly, certainly giving me food for thought on my desition on whether to renew or not. 

5 REPLIES 5

chenks76
On our wavelength

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/National-TV-Outage/td-p/4877465

as for refund, only if the fault is in place for at least 48 hours would you be entitled to automatic compensation.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No compensation for the TV service, it’s only applicable to broadband. I believe this is the first national outage for VM TV in over 10 years. Most peoples TV these days have a FreeView tuner built in, so you can still watch something.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tudor wrote:

No compensation for the TV service, it’s only applicable to broadband. I believe this is the first national outage for VM TV in over 10 years. Most peoples TV these days have a FreeView tuner built in, so you can still watch something.

FreeView requires an aerial in order to receive the signal.  Not every property has one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not every property has one.” Very true, but like with everything I always have a backup. I would never think of running a business from home without a backup device for broadband, same goes for TV, particularly if you have a wife and children who must watch their favourite programmes.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

If broadband is working there is a bunch of apps available such as BBC iPlayer and YouTube to keep you occupied.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection