Menu
majorstare
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Service Visit no show, VM deny service booked

Will try and keep this brief......

Phone line repaired some weeks ago (no dial tone). Parents call my mobile saying landline hasn't worked for two weeks.

Wednesday 10th I call WM on my mobile to book a service visit but I'm told I need to call from home so they can test the line. I explain it makes no difference, the phone line is dead and ask to speak to a manager. Tell the story to the manager who books a service call for today between 4 and 7pm.

No show from VM service!

Just rang back and they see notes from my call and being transferred to a manager, however, no notes for a service visit. I ask to speak to the customer complaints team and I'm told "I don't need to make a complaint".

I asked about the £8/day and £25 for a no show from service.... guy on the phone seemed hesitant to discuss this.

Shocking service and the worst part - no apology! 

Another service visit is booked for this Saturday.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service Visit no show, VM deny service booked

Hi majorstare,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about this issue.

We would also ask customers to be at home to run diagnostics as we can find on some occasions removing additional pieces of equipment from the phone line can issue customers with a dial tone and this can possibly result in the customer being told that the line is fine but a piece of a equipment is causing some issues.

In regards to the £25 this would be applicable if a tech was actually booked and the £8 I do believe would apply if this has been a complete loss of service for 2 full days after it was reported.

Have you booked a technician since this phone call?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I want to say the loss of service credits only apply to faults that have happened AFTER the changes came in to force. Ones reported prior to it don’t fall under the auto compensation.

At least that’s what I think I remember reading.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @majorstare 

Given that you've  reported this on the 10th you should have been eligible as mentioned. 

I would say that you need to ask for the call you made to be listened to. If this shows that you were advised on the call of the visit and that subsequently this wasn't booked, VM should still honour the payments for the failed service visit and loss of service offered for fault appointments booked with them on or after the 1st April 2019. 

The FAQ's can be found on this page.

Virgin Media's Automatic Compensation Scheme

I hope you get this sorted.

Take care.

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help 🙂
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Kaz1505 wrote:

Hey @majorstare 

Given that you've  reported this on the 10th you should have been eligible as mentioned. 

I would say that you need to ask for the call you made to be listened to. If this shows that you were advised on the call of the visit and that subsequently this wasn't booked, VM should still honour the payments for the failed service visit and loss of service offered for fault appointments booked with them on or after the 1st April 2019. 

The FAQ's can be found on this page.

Virgin Media's Automatic Compensation Scheme

I hope you get this sorted.

Take care.

Kaz

I mean, the only issue being VM can just claim the call wasn't recorded or that a tech was never booked, there isn't really any way to prove otherwise, which is why you should be recording your own calls to VM, which is legal aslong as they are for your own use and that you inform VM at the start of the call that it is being recorded, you generally find that the reps become a lot more careful with what they say if they know there is a recording of the call that exists outside of VM's control, technically speaking the rep can decline to speak to you if they don't want to be recorded but i've not yet had this happen as they will have been told that VM might record the calls anyway so they should already be prepared for it

0 Kudos