cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of VM equipment

Hannahman
On our wavelength

Been given my leaving date as 17th March.

I did ask for a return slip from VM over 6 months ago when I told them I no longer use the digi box, and was promised a pre paid returns label and a drop off point to arrange a return, but nothing to date.

Do I presume the dated equipment is of zero value to VM?

I shall keep the stuff for one month then it’s being binned, I think that’s fair.

3 REPLIES 3

unisoft
Well-informed

@Hannahman wrote:

Been given my leaving date as 17th March.

I did ask for a return slip from VM over 6 months ago when I told them I no longer use the digi box, and was promised a pre paid returns label and a drop off point to arrange a return, but nothing to date.

Do I presume the dated equipment is of zero value to VM?

I shall keep the stuff for one month then it’s being binned, I think that’s fair.

You can order a returns pack online here. It will come through letterbox in a lot of cases and contain pre-paid labels.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack

Process explained here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment

Watch out not returning. If you have a v6 or 360 or Stream box, they'll want it back.

If you have a HUB 3, 4 or 5 or Plume Wifi pods they'll want it back.

It's in the T&C's too (without going into legal about notifying them and reasonable time)

Hannahman
On our wavelength

Thanks for reply,
its a basic box, exactly 10 years old, and a hub 2.

Last run in I had 6 months ago, the help line guy promised to send a returns lable,  so the link you have sent is news to me.

Much appreciated 

regards

paul

@Hannahman wrote:

Thanks for reply,
its a basic box, exactly 10 years old, and a hub 2.

Last run in I had 6 months ago, the help line guy promised to send a returns lable,  so the link you have sent is news to me.

Much appreciated 

regards

paul

So one way of getting rid of it, is to get the returns kit and receipt from the drop off point. That way you don't have to do electrical waste disposal at your local tip - VM get it back and deal with it 🙂

But yep, the old box and Hub 2 unlikely to be wanted and reused. Sending back though and keeping the receipt as proof will help counter any potential costs for alleged non return.