Menu
ShonaS
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Renegotiating contracts

Am a newbie so this is first post. Just tried to renegotiate new package for my elderly mother who is out of contract to no avail. I found a deal with Sky for £20 a month cheaper and hoped Virgin would match as she doesn't want to leave but Customer Services guy was borderline rude, obviously in a bad mood and said  when i read out Sky deal, "you want a better package you have to pay more". Also "I have offered you a deal". He only gave me the price already p!aying" Jot really what I  was eexpecting. Don't Virgin want to keep their customers? 

0 Kudos
ShonaS
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Contract end

Am a newbie so this is first post. Just tried to renegotiate new package for my elderly mother who is out of contract to no avail. I found a deal with Sky for £20 a month cheaper and hoped Virgin would match as she doesn't want to leave but Customer Services guy was borderline rude, obviously in a bad mood and said  when i read out Sky deal, "you want a better package you have to pay more". Also "I have offered you a deal". He only gave me the price already p!aying" Jot really what I  was eexpecting. Don't Virgin want to keep their customers? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Renegotiating contracts

Sorry to hear this ShonaS

Not great by any means

Would you be able to try calling again please 

This time let us know how you get on 

Regards 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
chenks
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract end

you could try again, but to be honest "wanting to keep customers" doesn't equate to giving the customer what they demand.

if the sky deal is so good then simply move to sky.
your mother is not "entitled" to any discount simply because they are out of contract.
0 Kudos
chenks
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you could try again, but to be honest "wanting to keep customers" doesn't equate to giving the customer what they demand.

your mother is not "entitled" to any discount simply because they are out of contract.
0 Kudos
chenks
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

seeing as one of the mods has merged two duplicate threads, it might be wise to delete the duplicate posts as well!!
0 Kudos
ShonaS
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract end

Fully appreciate that have the choice so did move mum back to Sky as got a better deal. I was just angry at the time as regardless of what the Customer services guy did or didn't do he was was downright rude when Iwas was polite.

@chenks wrote:

Spoke to others at different times who were fine but he was obviously having a bad day. It was getting late so guess he just wanted shift  to end. All sorted now. 

0 Kudos