cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of virgin box from property

HudsonP
Tuning in

Hi I am not a virgin customer but I have a virgin box attached to my property from a previous owner. It's poor;ly attached with a number of unsightly wires, and is also getting in the way of us painting the front of the house. Can you advise on how to get this removed?

Thanks

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post up some photos?

If you're not a Virgin customer, and there's no H&S risk, then VM themselves may take a limited interest in removing it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Virgin box 2.jpgVirgin box.jpg

Thank you. See photos attached. It is a H&S hazard as the cover has come off and all wires exposed. I have a four year old who is always very interested in it. We have tried many times through the Virgin Whats App service to have this removed and told three times that ut will be and then it hasn't. We have recently got a new door insalled and painted our house and had to do it all around this horrible looking thing! Please can someone help, we've really had enough now.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The box in the first picture is a BT Openreach termination box. If a seperate cable comes in from underground & goes to this then Openreach will have to deal with it. The brown box is Virgin's infrastructure & its possible Virgin have used the same entry point as the BT box for the phone connection.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don’t see any H&S issue. The wires carry no voltage and as far as I can see from your photo there is no trip hazard. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The coaxial cables have power injected (so that the RF amps will work), but the isolator will provide protection.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I'd just like it gone. You can see the unpainted patch where we haven't been able to complete the paint job and the exposed wires are just hideous. It makes me sad everytime I walk up the front path. I don't understand I should have to put up with this eyesore on my house.

I've tried going through their customer services and they have repeatedly promised to come round and get rid, but then never showed up. So I am now trying here to see how others have negotiated this problem.

If Virgin Media refuse to help, would an electrician or someone do the job? It is getting to the stage where I would pay for it to be sorted.

Honestly, just do it yourself, wire cutters (as mentioned above it's all perfectly safe) and a screwdriver to remove what's left of the box from the wall and dump the entire lot in a convenient skip.

OK, I will do that.