Menu
RRB001
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Quality of Service

On the 23 of February 2019 two of Virgin Media's workmen (I can't call them engineers) arrived to replace the cable from the street termination to the terminal box on my adjoining neighbours house.

They proceeded to lift the turf a good 400 mm from the edge of her front lawn and tuck a green conduit under the grass. Then they exited the lawn approximately one metre from the house junction box leaving the green conduit protruding in an unsightly upwards direction terminating the cable into the house junction box and as the photograph illustrates the result was a very poor job indeed.

In addition they decided to remove the cap from my street termination entry and place on my neighbours leaving a 55 mm hole in the street immediately outside my house. It's probably only a matter of time before a lady wearing high heel shoes get's a heel caught in the hole and it causes an accident.

Clearly this job can only be described as a botch. Why Virgin's men did not dig a small shallow trench on the edge of the lawn and install the conduit neatly where it exited the lawn defies all logic and why they left the termination box open to the elements and so untidy demonstrates why they cannot be called engineers and given that they almost destroyed my neighbours street termination housing using an angle grinder is the probable reason why they removed the cover from my street terminal housing and placed in on my neighbours in an attempt to make it look like a good job. They failed miserably

Given that is it so very difficult to make any sensible contact over the phone with Virgin Media, although you wouldn't have though this of a communications company, I suggest you move quickly to correct the problem you have created

House Termination.jpgConduit exit.jpgStreet Termination.jpg

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quality of Service

i may ask what business it is of yours how your neighbours installation was done? if they have an issue with it then it's up to them to deal with, not you.

with regards to the potential health and safety issue left on the pavement, you should report that to your local authority who will then pass it on to whoever needs to deal with. i also assume you have no issue with mean wearing high heels as you specigically targetted just women.

finally, your last paragraph comes across as a threat which should have ended with a "or else".
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quality of Service

I hate to say, a typical rushed contractor install by the looks of it.

The omni-box on the front wall needs replacement, as the legacy type fitted cannot accomodate the amount of cabling that needs to go inside. The trunking certainly needs burying.

The street tee does not contain a connection. It is just a pipe leading the the main street service, through which the drop from the cabinet is pulled.

The Tee is the oldest type 1990s build & is literally a pipe with a cap on (which are no longer obtainable). This would require a construction team with council work permits to replace with a modern Toby box:

IMG_0844 (Medium).JPGToby access point

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos