cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress on outtage.

ianlinacre
On our wavelength

As the only VM website that is up can anyone give us an update? No TV and no VM websites apart from this one. Seems to be a nationwide problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are pinned posts from the Mod Team in all the TV forums regarding the outage, including updates.

The one below is from the 360 Forum.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/National-TV-Outage 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

ianlinacre
On our wavelength

An update from a user that logged the original call. Location - Manchester. Internet OK. Email OK. TV not....rebooted box and stuck on Starting up. Website no

I would guess its an authentication issue as the oauth.virginmedia.com is not pingable. My and www.virginmedia.com are pingable but you can't get on anything as you can't authenticate. From the web is seems like it's a national issue. PS My e-mail is an ntlworld one so may explain why it works! Strangely community.virginmedia.com is up

WN1 Area ...

No TV - Found this when I tried to log into my 'My Virgin Media' Account:

We're making some essential changes

We’re doing some work on My Virgin Media at the moment as part of an upgrade to provide you with an even better service.

We're sorry this part of the site isn’t available at the moment. Everything will be back to normal again soon, so please come back and try again shortly.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

BusheyTrader
On our wavelength

WD23.  No cable tv service, No TVGO service, virgin media web site is down, the customer service lines including 150 are unavailable.  Possibly a serious issue.

Thankfully our broadband service is still operating, still have our free view aerial functioning and a fire stick to fall back on.

This website I’ve never seen before  https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/virgin-media/map Shows a countrywide virgin media outage.  Nothing reported across the news channels that I can see.  

Hopefully we’re not stepping back in to the days of NTL 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are pinned posts from the Mod Team in all the TV forums regarding the outage, including updates.

The one below is from the 360 Forum.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/National-TV-Outage 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali