cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase for being a loyal customer

simon1112
Tuning in

I have been a loyal customer for over 30yrs. Every 18 months I have to battle to keep down the price when my contract comes to an end.

I have made no changes to my bundle in the last 3 yrs but...

Jan 2020 cost £71pm

Jan 2021 cost £85pm

July 2021 cost £126pm

Just been on phone and chat for about an hour  and they agree to reduce to £96pm - still a 10% price increase. It is clear that new customers get much better offers and is a real shame that VM do not look after existing customers once they have 'got you'

10 REPLIES 10

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

And as a new customer when you first joined you would have been given a deal that meant you were paying less than existing customers.

Welcome to the business world!

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

So 18 months good price then 28 yrs being ripped off.

If I leave that is not good business for VM! So every 18 months I have to go through the process of putting up a fight until they reduce the price. That is just tedious.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Cancel and go elsewhere and then come back for a new customer deal in 18 months. And during the 30 days notice period the VM retentions team will call you back and and make you their best offer for you to stay.

Its just the way its always worked

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@simon1112 wrote:

So 18 months good price then 28 yrs being ripped off.

If I leave that is not good business for VM! So every 18 months I have to go through the process of putting up a fight until they reduce the price. That is just tedious.

For every one person that leaves another multiple join. So it’s no real loss to VM. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

jamesofmerton
Super solver

'It is clear that new customers get much better offers and is a real shame that VM do not look after existing customers once they have 'got you''

shhhhhh but sky and bt and other companies do exactly the same. it's been encouraged by the regulator and government for years.

'So every 18 months I have to go through the process of putting up a fight until they reduce the price'

yes, you only 'win' if you change every single provider each and every year. martin lewis encourages people to do it but most can't be bothered and stay with the company if they are happy.

we pay nearly 200 a month but only stay because we don't want another long term contract and remain in control when we choose to leave. also we are happy with the services provided at the moment.

if you don't want to pay the asking price you are not loyal
You need to move to a provider that fits your needs

So everyone a resolution!

After several phone calls and an online chats, I managed by remaining polite but being firm to get an upgraded package for £75pm on an 18 month contract. (A saving of £50pm on original quote)

So if you can be bothered you can succeed ! Thank you VM.

If that's the case, why do they have less customers now than they had at the start of 2021?

VM doesn't have fewer customers, in fact the Q1 2021 results show a net increase in customers of 31,000 compared with 2020. This is driven mainly by increases in broadband and mobile customers.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection