Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phished from within THIS forum!!!

Ginger_Overlord
Tuning in

Hi,

Don't know if anyone can help.

I've been looking to cancel my TV and landline package (keeping the internet) with Virgin Media and spoke to someone on their chat service about this last week. They advised me that my TV and landline would be removed in a month's time and I would receive an email to confirm this.

I never received any confirmation email.

I posted on here about it and someone sent me a private message to advise that they would investigate this for me and could I advise them of my Virgin account number and name (which I did). The same person has come back to me today asking for my bank sort code and email address!

I'm certainly not going to be giving this info out to any old Tom, Dick or Harry!

I'm at my witts end! How do I cancel these off my account?! It seems like the hardest thing to do ever! 

Watch yourselves out there.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ginger_Overlord wrote:

The same person has come back to me today asking for my bank sort code and email address!

If this individual is one of the VM forum staff, then this is standard procedure and is the forum equivalent of passing telephone-security.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

No. Not falling for that one.

I have been phished before and WILL NOT give out ANY of my banking details.

There will be other information that I am quite happy to confirm and answer.

Thanks.

Cancelling by post is often a much less painful method.