cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painful Customer Service - is anyone out there????

Simonig10
On our wavelength

We have just been offered full fibre through another provider for a good £30 a month less (Broad Band, TV and phone) than we are paying with VM (currently out of contract). I have been generally happy with VM and decided to phone to see if they would match the other deal (they will still get more out of me than if I was a new customer). I called in and we then started a txt chat which shortly moved to Whatsapp where some kind of Bot asked the most stupid questions over and over again. I was then told I was being transfered to an agent and to leave the chat open. 2hrs later and still nothing.

I have now gone from someone happy to stay to wanting to tell them where to shove it. I will give it another go tomorrow but I think we may be saying goodbye unless I can speak to a human. Is there a magic phone number which gets you past all this nonsence?

2 REPLIES 2

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

I know the feeling, I was just through this again today.

I tried option 4 -> option 4 (Thinking of leaving us.) But it kept routing to the offshore team who were not helpful. I however tried for a third time and choose Option 4 -> Option 2? (Thinking of removing a service) and I got through to a very helpful gentleman from the UK team.

Personal experiences of mine: text chat and online chats are useless. So I always try to find a way to bodge my way through a phone line system to speak to someone in the UK.

@Shelke wrote:

I know the feeling, I was just through this again today.

I tried option 4 -> option 4 (Thinking of leaving us.) But it kept routing to the offshore team who were not helpful. I however tried for a third time and choose Option 4 -> Option 2? (Thinking of removing a service) and I got through to a very helpful gentleman from the UK team.

Personal experiences of mine: text chat and online chats are useless. So I always try to find a way to bodge my way through a phone line system to speak to someone in the UK.

Thanks I will try this.  . I got nowhere using WhatsApp. Yes I was offered a money off deal but I wanted to upgrade my TV as well . I got if you don't like the deal you can leave and I couldn't even get a price to upgrade.