cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package from America?

Buffer6
Legend

Just received an email to one of my secondary email addresses. At first glance, I thought it was a scam, as I haven't ordered anything from the US.

email 1.jpg

So I thought I'd better check with the US postal service rather than click any links

check 1.jpg

I wonder if anyone has had a similar email?  I'm not going to waste my cash on a phone call to the US to make enquiries.😏

4 REPLIES 4

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Why would you get an email about a package at 'the local post office' that's still in the US?

Also that service.us email domain has no link to the USPS as far as I can see or a valid website connected to it.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

@BenMcr wrote:

Why would you get an email about a package at 'the local post office' that's still in the US?

Also that service.us email domain has no link to the USPS as far as I can see or a valid website connected to it.

Yes, and the top number in the scan shows that it had been delivered.  I think someone has used a calculated random recent number for the parcel service to show up as valid when scanned for, and maybe a scam waiting for someone clicking the link thinking they would get a paid for package for free. 😀

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Buffer6 

Sorry couldn't resist this as you like your videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h2m4sVn7Bw 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

@Buffer6 

Sorry couldn't resist this as you like your videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h2m4sVn7Bw 

Yes, Arms and Trading (Armatrading) are what they're all about LoL