Menu
Highlighted
sladex
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Openreach just planted new fibre cables all over my street, can I get Virgin FTTP?

Openreach just planted new fibre cables all over my street, can I get Virgin FTTP?

One of neighbours who uses BT already got cable extended from the telephone poles to his house. I wonder if virgin can do that to us ?

Does that service costs? I've upgraded my account few months back.

Postcode: TW11PU

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Openreach just planted new fibre cables all over my street, can I get Virgin FTTP?

no. VM do not use the BT network

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Openreach just planted new fibre cables all over my street, can I get Virgin FTTP?

From what I can see on Streetview the area already has established Virgin HFC cable services. I would try the postcode checker as you may find services are already available.

PS. You don’t need FTTP to get Virgins services. Virgin FTTP cable is only being installed in new areas. Whether you are FTTP or HFC you still get the same services & speeds, & as per the previous poster, these are nothing to do with BT FTTP which cannot deliver DOCSIS type cable services.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile