cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not worth staying loyal

coughandcath
On our wavelength

I have been a loyal customer for over 25 years ( ex NTL) and my unlimited ooomph contract came to an end resulting in a £147 / month on going bill . I went on to the web site and chat system . The website if offering a much improved deal ( gig BB etc ) on the Volt scheme for £85 ... but this is only available to new customers !! I went onto the web chat and after discussions managed to get an exisiting customer offer of £105 . I was not happy with that as clearly my loyalty meant I was paying £20 per month that a new customer so I contacted retentions . After speaking to them they advised the best they could do was £117 ( more than the webchat figure ) and couldnt honour the £105 . I asked to speak to supervisor . I was told to send kyle wink an email of the web chat and he would get back to me the same day . I am still waiting and he is ignoring my reminder emails .

Any ideas on how to move this frustrating issue on as Sky and other users are getting more and more tempting 

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You realise your loyalty is actually to pay the going rate. New customer deals are sold at a loss to VM, so offering them to existing customers would result in them going bust very quickly. The existing customer deal you were offered was very good in the current financial climate.

Some companies are offering new customer deals to existing customers, but at inflated prices compared to the deals that were being offered a few months previously when they were “new customer only”. The choice is yours. Move to another provider for 18 months & then qualify for new customer pricing if you come back, or stick with what you were offered in the first place.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Also see this recent thread...

Contract renegotiation - see Andrew’s comments in message 6

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/New-contract/td-p/4888761

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.