Menu
fi-fi
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not such an exclusive deal !!!!!!!

Just wanted to 'thank' Virgin Media for sending me through an ‘’exclusive offer’’ to encourage me to stay with them for another 12 months - £40 a month for Mix TV , weekend calls and 100mb vivid.

Hardly an exclusive deal or valuing me as an existing customer of over 25 years when a new customer can get the same deal for £37.00 a month for 12 months and also potentially get £100 cashback through a cashback website!!!!!

And even then when I clicked the link to 'take up this exclusive offer' it then said ''you are not eligible for this offer'' !!!

Needless to say I will not be taking up this ‘’exclusive offer’’ from you!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not such an exclusive deal !!!!!!!

but you are not a new customer as you said you have been with them for 25 years

jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

'Hardly an exclusive deal or valuing me as an existing customer of over 25 years when a new customer can get the same deal for'

it is an exclusive deal to current customers which is what you and i are. new customers have their own exclusive deals. new customers always get the best deals just as you would have done 25 years ago.

that is the way the industry works and is encouraged by the regulator and successive governments.
Shelke
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@fi-fi wrote:

also potentially get £100 cashback through a cashback website!!!!!

As the rest has been covered, those cash back websites are often pretty shady. They tell the customer VM gives them the cash back directly, that is now how it works. The cash back website gives it. Also, they often ask the new VM customer for a 13 digit code that they know does not exist and refuse to budge when you cannot get that non existent code - so they can refuse to pay the cash back out to the new customer.

Tudor
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No such thing as a free lunch!!!

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal