Menu
Highlighted
Emma1308b
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No sign of free gift x box

When I got this new contract last month there was promise of £150 credit or xbox 1 provided you took the full house bundle or VIP package. I took the full house bundle but have never received confirmation of the special offer. I don’t want to phone virgin as I am partial deaf and find it hard to hear but there doesn’t seem to be an email or live chat option. Does anyone know how to contact them or claim the free offer? Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sign of free gift x box

Hi Emma1308b, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. it's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Usually if you've qualified for a promotional offer then on your Order Confirmation the offer will be listed. Have a look for this email. If you can't find it on there, check your contract. If it's not listed on either then it's unlikely the package you took qualifies for the promotional offer and therefore you wouldn't be entitled to it. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Emma1308b
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, there’s no email or anything. When I took the offer I chose the one that qualified for the free x box and it continued to be advertised after. My contract doesn’t mention it so now I feel like I have been Missold. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma1308b, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Emma.

Without anything showing the offer, there is nothing we can do to raise this I'm afraid. 

Try speaking to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to see if they can see anything on the order. 

Did you take the service out via the Online website or via the Sales Team?

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Emma1308b
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I took this out online. I don't know how Virgin Media can say I have to demonstrate it was part of the offer as I took the Full House HD sports bundle which was and is advertised on the date, surely virgin can see the date I purchased and know what deals they were offering.

I have gone to trading standards via citizens advice as this is clearly a mis sold contract. It may also interest you to know I ordered this through quidco and Virgin Media failed to track the cash back offer. I will never use again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma1308b 

Thanks for messaging us today. 

Can you confirm where this was taken out? Was this directs with us or with a 3rd party company. 

Kind Regards 

Chris_W1

0 Kudos
Emma1308b
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Chris this was taken directly with virgin media online. The sky package was coming to an end and virgin advertised the free x box 1 or 150 credit provided the full house hd pack or vip pack was taken. I took out the full house sports pack to qualify for this offer

thanks

0 Kudos