cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reward for Loyalty

NFR69
Joining in

I've been a VM customer for possibly close to 20 years and my contract is up for renewal.  What's my reward for loyalty?  Well, there is basically no reward if your loyal. 

It seems that all VM is interested in is new customers who get everything thrown at them.  Loyal customers it seems are expendable.  

In these tough financial times, companies should properly recognise the value of customer loyalty.  If VM is not interested in this, it will come back to bite you.

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You are correct on many points. Customer 'loyalty' (in the sense of being with VM for a long time) does count for nothing and 'price walking' is well-recognised across lots of businesses.

VM have been playing an increasingly-tough game of renegotiation. The longer you have been with VM, the less likely they think you are to move and so the less they will offer you at renewal.

There have been quite a few recent topics on the forums of 20+ year customers who have had to leave (including myself) after failing to renegotiate a deal with VM.

Do your research, shop around for the best alternative deal to VM and put in your notice to leave.

nanabooze
Tuning in

I am also a loyal 20+ customer ...I only wanted to up my broadband speed but was told I could not just do this and would have to have a new package which I reluctantly accepted on the condition that the Activation/Installation cost would not be applied to which I was assured it would definately not be applied ..Got my bill and oh look whats been added ..the charge 😠..I have always been satisfied with VM in the past that is why I have stayed ..maybe it's time to move..I'm with you on your opinion. 

Grass isn't always greener with the prices from other ISPs.

My dad is the account holder and he uses the landine a lot and pays for the according addon for the landline.

If he went to BT for a similar landline package he would end up paying more for it from BT and as for the broadband speeds, the BT/Openreach network doesn't come close to the speed that he pays for from VM and my area is FTTC from BT/Openreach.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@annorax wrote:

Grass isn't always greener with the prices from other ISPs.

My dad is the account holder and he uses the landine a lot and pays for the according addon for the landline.

If he went to BT for a similar landline package he would end up paying more for it from BT and as for the broadband speeds, the BT/Openreach network doesn't come close to the speed that he pays for from VM and my area is FTTC from BT/Openreach.

Such is the lottery of trying to renegotiate with VM, which has become like the back-and-forward sales process of buying a used car from a dodgy car dealer.

Some people do well when they call in and get what they want. Others hit a brick wall of non-negotiation (depending on whatever VM's targets and offers happen to be on the exact day/time the customer makes a call). Also depends on the customer's alternative options.

I have just moved from BB+phone with VM (who would not offer BB only at an acceptable price and were insistent on pushing BB+phone) and switched to BT FTTP for BB only, increased download and upload speeds and more than halved monthly costs.

The landline package my dad pays for hasn't increased in price since he got the landline installed.

Did get the price increase though in March but that was for the broadband and his contract expires in November and I'll be on the phone before the contract expires to try for a new deal.

I am pleased to say that my issue has now been dealt with and the activation/installation charge has been removed for me Thanks to the lovely Kath_F ..My faith in VM has been restored I was perhaps a little hasty in my judgement ..I hope to be a loyal customer for many more years