cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV or internet

Twizzler73
Joining in

As of 1pm yesterday (2 Feb) both my TV and internet stopped working. Status page said there were issues in my area but they would be fixed by 3pm,then 6pm then 6 Feb!

I phoned virgin last night and apparently need an engineer but the first available appointment is 7 Feb.

As someone who lives alone and rarely leaves the house this is ridiculous. I rely on the TV and/or internet to fill my time, to have neither for 5 or 6 days is intolerable. The silence in my home is deafening right now.

Surely it shouldn't take that long to arrange an engineer?? 

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media is a residential service. With a Business class service you pay a premium with an SLA for repairs of within 24 - 48 hours. There is no such thing with a Residential service. For these the average is 3 working days, so 6 February is the next working day etc.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Twizzler73 

When you use  check service status, is it still showing that the issues will be fixed by 6th Feb?

If so this may be why the eraliest tech appointment is for the 7th - VM systems won't allow an agent to book a tech whilst there is an open area fault.

If the fault has now been closed then tyat will be the earliest available date. There is no SLA on a domestic service and tech appointments can be anything form a couple of days to a week depending on availability.

You should be able to track the appointment by signing in to My Virgin Media here: My VM.

Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app.

If somebody has cancelled their appointment and an earlier has become available for yuorself then it will show in there and you will be able to change your appointment.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Many people can get decent reception with an indoors aerial, and I see that Tesco sells them from £13.

As for WiFi: you can buy a MiFi router and a data-only SIM card, a variation is the EE 30GB mini router for £49.99 which comes preloaded with 30GB and lasts for two months.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection