cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Deal. What do you think?

ds2019
Joining in

Hello, I'd lke like to know what people think of this Virgin Media deal -

M125 Broadband, Virgin TV V6 Box, Maxit TV, Sky Cinema Collection (all the Sky Movie channels) and Evening and weekend calls £78 a month.

Is this a good deal?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ds2019 

That's not a bad price considering that package is normally £62 a month for new customers.

You are saving £16 a month compared to the out of contract customers pricing of £94 per month.

You might be able to haggle a bit more off by speaking to retentions (thinking of leaving)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ds2019 

That's not a bad price considering that package is normally £62 a month for new customers.

You are saving £16 a month compared to the out of contract customers pricing of £94 per month.

You might be able to haggle a bit more off by speaking to retentions (thinking of leaving)

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you very much Dave. Is there a direct line to the retentions team?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @ds2019 

It's the usual number,  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 4 (thinking of leaving us), but best to call at 8am when lines first open and are least busy to avoid call queues

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Hopefully you can then negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract. Or failing that you can place a cancellation request with that team.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.