Menu
Paula-m
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Need to speak to someone from Virgin about new account. Planning dept??

I'm in a weird situation and don't know what to do. I've just moved house and had someone from Virgin come over to install my tv and internet on Tuesday. He told me he was popping outside, then came back in and said bad news is that there's a grate in the middle of the road that stops him from being able to install anything and that nobody in my area can have Virgin. He said that they need permission to remove the grate or something and that the problem had been going on for a couple of years but should be solved in the next couple of days! He said someone would be in touch with me by the end of last week. I said should I ring the call centre about this because I've signed my contract etc. and he said nobody at the call centre would know what I'm talking about as they are in India, and that the 'planning department' would be in touch.

Firstly nobody has been in touch
Secondly when I look at my nearby wifi connections on my phone it looks like loads of my neighbours have got Virgin!

I'm considering forgetting the whole thing now and using Freeview or Now TV. I signed the contract 10 days ago so it's coming close to the ebd of the 14 day cooling off period. I'm due to be billed a large amount of money soon as well which I obviously don't want to come out of my account because I haven't had any tv or internet.

I need to know what's going on so I can decide what to do. I'm really confused and worried that like the guy said, the call centre won't have a clue what I'm talking about!

If someone from Virgin reads this, some help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need to speak to someone from Virgin about new account. Planning dept??

You could try getting through to the UK based Retentions Dept who can deal with much more than just retentions.  0345 454 1111 and prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  Good luck.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Paula-m
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to speak to someone from Virgin about new account. Planning dept??

Thanks, I'll try that this morning! 

0 Kudos