cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to remove virgin media box and cable

annamcgovern23
Joining in

I have recently moved house into a place which has a virgin media box outside and a cable running across the front lawn. It is disrupting my ability to use the garden and mow the lawn etc. Can someone from virgin media remove for me?

Thanks

Anna 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

your post has been moved from the thread you tagged onto but the advice given in that thread and many more along the same lines is there to read

in short the VM people here will refer you to your local area field manager - AFM - they come from good to awful or maybe that should be non helpful -the AFM may send a tech out to sort the issue or just ignore the requast in the hope you will give up - how you proceed is up to you if the latter is the case

give VM a chance to remove the cable but be prepared for nothing to happen - give them a time frame and if nothing happens remove the cable yourself - its not dangerous so can be cut - do that at your boundary but be aware if you or VM remove the cable the property is likely to be black listed so getting VM in the future may not be possible

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

annamcgovern23
Joining in

Hi, I have the same issue. I have recently moved into a house with a virgin media box at the front of the house and the wire is trailing along my front garden. It's causing a risk when mowing the lawn and gardening. Please can you advise me how to remove?

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing - please only create one post for a particular query, and don't add "me too" to someone elses thread - I've fixed all that for you now. Rant over 😉

There's two thousand-dollar questions in this scenario I suspect..

1: Are you a current VM customer? If you're not, then VM are only likely to be interested in resolving issues with their kit that are causing H&S issues.

2: Is this causing a H&S issue? Adding some photos to this thread, will help others advise.

If the answer to both questions is "no", then the chances of VM being interested are at best slim. Removing kit that's not causing an issue potentially impacts on their ability to offer expedient future installations at your address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

your post has been moved from the thread you tagged onto but the advice given in that thread and many more along the same lines is there to read

in short the VM people here will refer you to your local area field manager - AFM - they come from good to awful or maybe that should be non helpful -the AFM may send a tech out to sort the issue or just ignore the requast in the hope you will give up - how you proceed is up to you if the latter is the case

give VM a chance to remove the cable but be prepared for nothing to happen - give them a time frame and if nothing happens remove the cable yourself - its not dangerous so can be cut - do that at your boundary but be aware if you or VM remove the cable the property is likely to be black listed so getting VM in the future may not be possible

Tony.
Sacked VIP