cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

Jobs1
Joining in

Trying to do the moving house process on the website but keep getting "400 bad request" or when i click "chat with us" nothing actually happens. 

wait times on the phone are far too long too, this is ridiculous please fix your website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jobs1 

I'm assuming you are using Chrome.  Chrome and the VM website don't seem to play nicely together.

Have you tried a different browser, or incognito mode?

If phoning it's best to call around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Phone calls aalways take priority although there is the text messaging sevice on 0753 305 1809 and whatsapp service on 0730 532 7112.

Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can. Probably a few hours.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jobs1 

I'm assuming you are using Chrome.  Chrome and the VM website don't seem to play nicely together.

Have you tried a different browser, or incognito mode?

If phoning it's best to call around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Phone calls aalways take priority although there is the text messaging sevice on 0753 305 1809 and whatsapp service on 0730 532 7112.

Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can. Probably a few hours.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I've found that Chat works with Edge but not Firefox (Windows 10 desktop 64-bit in both cases).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I have just found the opposite, I was using chrome, tried Edge still having the same issue however Firefox actually let me use the chat function.

Unfortunately their systems are down so can't process requests right now 🤦‍♂️

Just checked with Edge and it's working.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection