Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home

If I was in charge of the budget all my mates and people I know on the community would be cabled he he he

I thought you already had an account with us lovely? Smiley Very Happy

If you do want me to look into anything for an alternative address you know what to do!

Smiley Wink

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hey apcyberax

One of  the Nex teams for your area has popped back this morning.

Sadly it's not looking good Smiley Sad

Unfortunately this address is not on Project Lightning, looking close it would seem that it would be an expensive dig, as it is all carriageway, plus I have not checked the road status.

With respect to the 2nd part he means that it could work out even more expensive to provide services, adding to the cost per home total and taking them further over the CPH budget, but if you do want me to I'll absolutely pop some leaflets your way probably after Christmas now as I need to order more in, and if you're up for a bit of promotional leaflet dropping just let me know.

It can't hurt plus it's cardio <grins>

Always a win!

Cheers

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

i've already had some last year and put them all though the doors. I see why it would be expensive we only have about 16-20 houses here and a long road to get down to them Smiley Happy

Thanks for checking though Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Happy to keep badgering at them for you lovely. I'll leave it to the New Year though so they don't blackball me on email he he

There's a change happening with the people we talk to so it may be that I might get further with a different set up. Who knows? Just drop me a reminder in Jan Smiley Very Happy

My Mum always says 'If you don't ask you don't get' and she's spot on.

She's spot on most of the time but don't tell her I said so.

Shhhhhh

Smiley Wink

Forum Team

vinnythevid
Tuning in
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Following on from this - I spoke to the moving home team and they are getting a spotter sent out - I should have a call to confirm one way or the other by wednesday next week.  Fingers crossed.

I did find out though that if VM can’t provide services to my new address, I’ll get hit with the service charges up to current contract end date in May PLUS an early termination charge.  It doesn’t seem very fair to levy these charges when:

1) I’ve been a continuous customer since 2003, and

2) I’d like to continue to be a customer, but

3) Virgin media can’t provide the services I want at the new address

Obviously none of the above applies if the services I’m after can be provided, but nevertheless it seems like pretty shabby treatment and not particularly customer er focussed.  It would certainly put me off rejoining VM in the future if I’m forced to leave.

To be fair to the agent on the phone, he was pretty apologetic and told me that he was just following company procedure.  In the event that I have to cancel my services, is there any way to get these cancellation charges waived in light of the circumstances?  I know that a contract is a contract but it doesn’t seem fair in this case (but I would say that, wouldn’t I?)

0 Kudos
vinnythevid
Tuning in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Karen_A - still no further forward.  Now looking for help on two fronts:

1) I have three "spotter" references - 1186620, 1189701 and 1189736, the last of which was given to me today.  None of which appear to have resulted in a definitive position either way.  Is there any way you can look into these to find out what's going on?  I've been assured I'll get a text message with an outcome but with no definitive date as to when that will be.  We're moving on the 19th, which brings me to my next point...

2) I understand that there is a 30 day cancellation period for this kind of thing, designed to allow accounts to remain active for a period of time in which service can be restored at the new property.  In my case, the cancellation was issued today, and runs till the 11th February.  I have phone and broadband services - broadband is easy - I just take the superhub with me and either reuse or send back depending on the outcome of the spotter process.  With the phone service - the question is:  Would any phone connected to the socket stop working on the 19th (our move date) or 11th Feb (the account cancellation date)?  We are on the bottom phone tariff so I guess I'm trying to work out if I'm going to be liable for call charges made on an active line between the 19th January and 11th February.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi vinnythevid

Thanks for popping back to us.

I did chase this for you back when we first spoke and the teams said that the area was very close to other residential developments but that at the time they were waiting on more feedback. I had not heard back fro them since so my apologies.

I've chased this with a colleague today and he's come back to say that the system suggests a spotter for the property now which I know you have been advised when you called earlier and before.

With respect to the disconnection question if you like is set to disconnect on the 11th then there will be no calls able to be made from that landline after this point.

Re the spotter, we don't get updates on that I'm afraid. I would be offering to fill this form in again for you but I can see and you have had this done again today so that's a bit of a redundant option.

I would suggest speaking to Sales regarding this to see if they can find more information for you re this and you can speak to them on the below contact options.

They deal with the Spotters teams usually as they can get customers installed with support from them so it's worth checking in with them regarding this,

Sales
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 08:00 - 00:00
Telephone Number: 0800 052 2129

Let me know how this goes for you.

Take care

Forum Team

0 Kudos