Menu
vinnythevid
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Moving Home

I'm moving shortly to an address that as per the postcode checker can not currently have Virgin boradband service.  We have been a long term 200mb user and will miss the drop to a non-virgin service if we can't get virgin at the new address.

The house we are buying is on a small private road (~20m from entrance to the house).  Our plot extends to the roadside of a street that IS served by VM broadband (I put in the postcode of the neighbouring property on the main street and it came back positive).

My question is - even though the postcode checker comes back negative, can I get someone to look into providing service to my new address - there would be no major difference to providing the service to a house with a big front garden on the main street.  I can provide postcode/address details as necessary.

Many thanks in advance....

Tony

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home

Hi Tony, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear we're currently unable to install you at your new property. 

If this is on a Private Road, it's possible we've already asked for Wayleave permission to lay our cables but this has been declined. 

The best thing you can do is register your interest with Cable My Street. They can log your interest and if we are ever able to install you we will let you know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

vinnythevid
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi - it’s a private driveway, owned by me (it at least it will be when we move), with access rights conferred to the other two properties on the plot.  It’s much easier to explain with a picture - is there any way to get the details in front of a survey team or someone?  

There really is no difference to supplying my property than the ones either side of the drive. It’s just at these three houses have a different postcode to which “computer says no” Smiley Happy

I’ll happily sign the wayleave as the property owner as moving away from Virgin is going to be very disruptive and I’ll end up with an inferior service from alternative suppliers.

I will definitely check out cablemystreet but your backbone already runs past he bottom of my drive, which the picture I’ve got will explain.

many hanks for any help you can provide.

Tony

0 Kudos
vinnythevid
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

888EE98A-F6C2-40E7-94E0-81EFCD7101C7.pngSee what I mean?

0 Kudos
vinnythevid
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

and this showing the boundary - which goes right up to the pavement on Southwell Park Road. FYI Foxdown Close is actually comprised of a gravel driveway.

BCE83140-89EC-4FB4-ACA9-970E3F799517.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

I can pass this along to the Nex teams for you so they can check the costs etc for this to see if it is possible this could be included in the budget for the 2018 plans.

The connection does depend on the cost per home so usually the more homes we have the lower the overall cost. If there are only a couple of homes to connect it may come in at a projection that takes us over our 'CPH' budget.

Ultimately it's not just about logistics and Wayleave, permits and rights, but also abut the cost to the company.

If you can pop back to me on a PM with:

• Your name
  • Your full address
  • Your preferred contact number

I can pop this thread back to the teams for them to look into this for us.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

Thanks for the PM Smiley Happy

I've popped that to our Nex teams to find out what the plans are for this area and I'll be back in touch as soon as I know more.

Speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
vinnythevid
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen - fingers crossed Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi vinnythevid

The Nex teams came back to me and said the new home needs a Spotter.

This can be arranged via Home Movers if you can give them a call again.

If you can ring them from your current landline if this is with us via 150 or 0345 454 1111 options 4 then 4, you should be able to request a Spotter to attend the new home to check the validity of us connecting this.

Many thanks and keep us posted!

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Karen_A can you add my street into the 2018 budget as well Smiley Happy I hate my connection. 

0 Kudos