Menu
chenks
Community elder
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Maybe time to leave ?

AAISP are already extraordinaryily expensive, so dropping the prices would only bring them down to extremely expensive 🙂

they are also all limited monthly bandwidth packages (or were that last time i looked)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

To be fair to VM, they've increased speeds on multiple occasions over several years without increasing prices, and is the only big ISP to offer at least 200Mbps to everyone. The broadband and TV services are good according to surveys but the big problem is that customer service can be shockingly bad.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

shockingly bad customer service isn't unique to virgin though.
plusnet, talk talk to name just two with equally bad CS.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes, people who are thinking of leaving should be aware that the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

chenks: "and the owner is a bit of a *bleep* apparently"

Well, despite it's nominal US listing, Liberty Global and Virgin Media are controlled by John Malone "the cable cowboy", who holds the largest voting share.  For all practical and legal purposes Malone owns LG and VM.  Since he bought VM, prices have skyrocketed and service nosedived.  How would you characterise him? 

And what of BT, where the largest single group of investors will be large banks and hedge funds?  Are they nice people you want to do business with?

chenks
Community elder
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

hit a nerve there did i?
0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

chenks: "hit a nerve there did i?"

Hardly.  I have no financial or other interest in AAISP, not VM/LG, BT or others.  The nature of my job means I've been exposed to all manner of business tyrants, egos, and oddballs, so I'm largely impervious to the characteristics of the people who run businesses.  I was merely counterpointing your own post that introduced the idea that the character of AAISP's boss was somehow relevant to the choice of ISP.

chenks
Community elder
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

it was only mentioned because AAISP was being offered as one of the niche ISPs that offered better CS, but for an insanely high price with limited monthly bandwidth packages. the owner being a <whatever> was just an aside. the owner of AAISP does seem to have a very prominent public presence though, so commenting on that would seem appropriate (a bit like Elon Musks' public presence).
0 Kudos