Menu
rainydays
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Logging in to my virginmedia

Why do i need to identify pictures to log into my virginmedia? Over the past few weeks I am asked to identify pictures of parking meters, traffic lights, bikes etc every time I try to log in. Does this apply to everyone using the service?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Logging in to my virginmedia

Hello

It is a random system used to protect your account and will appear for everybody randomly who tries to login the website, it is used to stop automatic scripts logging into the website.

Can be triggered if the website sees that you have logged in in a different location and that might trigger the pictures.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rainydays
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, it's good that the system tries to catch wrong doers. However, I am being asked to identify pictures every single time that I log in and I use the same computer every time. Does this mean that someone else is logging in from another computer?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There are a number of behaviours that can affect this.  Accessing multiple different VM accounts on the same pc is one cause.

Regularly clearing cookies and browser cache may well also contribute to the re captcha being triggered.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
rainydays
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It seems odd that this has only been happening since Virgin changed its log-in page a few weeks ago. I have not changed what I do during that time.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@rainydays wrote:

It seems odd that this has only been happening since Virgin changed its log-in page a few weeks ago. I have not changed what I do during that time.

Not odd if they are tightening up on security measures.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
rainydays
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have no problem with them tightening procedures to protect the site. However, I think it would be helpful if Virgin advised customers that changes were being introduced.

0 Kudos